Upgradation in process (In My Area)

Hey guys,

First of all, don't get confused by the topic name, i don't mean PTCL is upgrading their internet connections. It's rather a problem i am facing in my area.

Ok so i was surfing the internet at around 12:30 A.M. on Thursday when my telephone line and internet gone dead so i lodged a complaint the following morning, and after complaining 1218 i called my local linemen and he told me that they are upgrading the network and all numbers are down and they will remain down till Saturday. So yeah my internet came back on Saturday but it was 1Mbit instead of my 4Mbit connection and its still 1mbit, i don't know what kind of upgrade they are doing and why? I am on ONU, my telephone line and usually all telephone line of this series in my area are perfect. I get 40+ SNR and less then 10 attenuation at 4096 down and 1024 up rates and not a single DC ever.

Why the hell they have to ruin/upgrade a perfectly running system and interrupt working services for all users? I am trying to download Shogun 2 on steam since yesterday and its freakin downloading @ 88 KB/s rather then my regular 400+ KB/s and its damn annoying. Anyone else experiencing this kind of "UPGRADATION" in their area?

And oh i am from Lahore (Wapda Town Exchange),

lol i pay for 4mbps and i was getting 10mb speeds for the past few weeks , but that seems to have stopped now :(

[quote=“fareedusmani, post:2, topic:15702”]

lol i pay for 4mbps and i was getting 10mb speeds for the past few weeks , but that seems to have stopped now :(

[/quote]

I know many lucky peeps out there that have been getting or used to get more speed then there usual package for well over a year, i have been using ptcl dsl since it started its service, it was mid 2007 i think but i never got more speed then my package. I do get usual degrades for whatever reason and which usually takes those ppl around 1 week to fix it and give me back my speed. Its meh