Unsecure WIreless Network

Hello Friends

One of my friends got the laptop with wireless lan now when he tried to searh some network he came accross some unsecure network but when he tries to connect the network refuse to do so can you tell me why its shows unsecure when he cannot join that netwrok.

Yeah I found same unsecure wireless network of sheraton hotel and HO sh-e-faisal but not able to connect.

They're most probably secured by MAC address white-listing - that's why you could see it as unsecure but couldn't log in.

I am not sure to ask but can i get through that network or not . Actually i am not asking the way to crack but want to know the possibility of doing so.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am not sure to ask but can i get through that network or not . Actually i am not asking the way to crack but want to know the possibility of doing so.
[/quote]

yeah if you know any white listed mac address and spoof it to your laptop

Speaking of unsecured networks... there's one near my house... I can connect to it but it says 'limited or no connectivity" ... any clues on why this happens?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Speaking of unsecured networks… there’s one near my house… I can connect to it but it says 'limited or no connectivity" … any clues on why this happens?
[/quote]

This sometimes happens when there is an IP address conflict too. Try defining your IP address manually and in addition to that try connecting with subnet masks as 255.255.255.0 and then 255.255.252.0 as they are the most typical ones.

^ i wud disagree when there is an ip address conflict windows specifically states that there is an ip address conflict

the problem NoyaBiz is having is because his NIC has not received an ip address this may be coz the dhcp server in the router is off