Unlocking Zong Ideos (android),is it possible at this point in time?

well this is my first smart phone so it is needless to say that I am not really updated with the "goings" of the pakistani mobile market!

Just wanted to know if unlocking it through internet (best case scenario) or from the local mobile market is possible already? (since its early days when it comes to this particular set)

Any genuine help would be much appreciated!

(btw, is it true that the best edge provider among all companies is telenor and that zong edge sucks big time?)

if only technologies like 3g, 4g/ dth could be introduced in our illiterate and backward country which thinks that dsl internet and local cable tv is the ultimate thing that they have already conquered!

^ Every phone in this world can be Unlocked, Unlocking via internet is not a good option, as there are chances you might get your phone bricked, so visit your local Market, it should be between 100Rs-300Rs Max, BTW what's the point of discussing best Edge provider? and then 4g and DTH under this title? :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Every phone in this world can be Unlocked, Unlocking via internet is not a good option, as there are chances you might get your phone bricked, so visit your local Market, it should be between 100Rs-300Rs Max, BTW what’s the point of discussing best Edge provider? and then 4g and DTH under this title? :(
[/quote]

Just because i cant use all these technolohoes when even countries like bangladesh are using it

Btw is the zong’s unlock code similar for all the mobiles or the average joe of our locall market too fast on updating himself on the latest mobiles which dare i may say is certainly not the case at least in the computer market!

If any one got his/her Zong Ideos unlocked than please share here.

As far as my experience goes Zong has a really nice EDGE service here in Karachi. But the speed really depends on your area / town as well. Regarding unlocking your IDEOS phone then you can search the internet / youtube for unlocking guides (by searching the term "unlock android 2.2") but do take care or it'll make your phone useless. I don't think the unlocking procedure would be much different from other Android devices. If you are not comfortable with it then take it to mobile market.

Any one got his Zong Android unlocked and how much paid and what is experience?

i visited market in lahore, they said zong launched 2 models of android. one can be unlocked and other is not. But zong franchise rep said we launched only one.

Confused...... i am dying to buy android....but waiting to get confirmed wether i can unlock it or not?

if u have any info regarding this kindly share. Appreciations for each reply...Thanks Saad

Why don't you search Zong IDEOS on GSM Hosting forum? Google "GSM Hosting Zong IDEOS"

anyone got it unlocked from local market ?

Finally got my IDEOS unlocked at Hafeez Center for Rs 1800. Only had to wait half an hour.

Contact Mr Faraz at Zanjani Mobile. 0300 848 1213.

^ Thats quite expensive man. Is that hardware unlock or IMEI based unlock?

IMEI based unlock. That is the only proper way to unlock this phone.