Unlimited Wateen WiMax packages now available

WiMAXTariff.jpg

*Virtually Unlimited. Non Abuse policy applies:

Terms.jpg

Link: http://wateen.com/HomeUsers.aspx?HomeTreeID=3

Finally, Wateen offers unlimited packages just when wi-tribe was planning to do the same. However, the term "virtually unlimited" is very concerning.

Now, IIRC, Mobilink Infinity is the only WiMax provider with no unlimited packages.

Wohooo .. so now it looks like price war is going to start again as wimax unlimited is in market now , i am sure that witribe will also launch unlimited package :)

it is an interesting news.

I bet to say it will also effect the DSL prices soon.

But what about those majority of the customers who do not have Wateen signals, their PTCL media does not support DSL service and in such circumstances who are being made bound to stick to the so called the dialup whose rates are now jumped to Rs. 6 per hour = Rs.4320 per mont, if used 24 hrs.

If not 24 hrs, atleats 3 hrs a day and that also makes Rs.600 in the bill.........and if line gets disconnect or load shedding problem arise then such disconnection would give more benefit to these telecom companies and a kick to the customers ass.

I wish if supreme court of Pakistan could be contacted online but who cares in this country.........

Before you say WHO CARES, why don't YOU care and aprpach the SCoP?

http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/default.asp

Sorry guys ... a little late here ... have been very busy. I will just give some quick highlights on new WiMAX tariffs.

The subscription cost for all new connections is now Rs 2,499. For unlimited package with subscription you will get free top up of Rs 1500. For 10 GB tariff free top up of Rs 1000.

For voice packages, you can pay Rs 90 additional per month to avail free unlimited calls from Wateen to Wateen

For 5GB and 10Gb packages, additional usage will be charged at Rs 25/100MB

All 768kbps existing customers are being shifted to 1mbps

All 15GB cap customers are being shifted to unlimited package

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us through any of the following channels:

1. Contact Center: 111-365-111

2. Email: customerservice@wateen.com

3. Live Chat available at www.wateen.com (Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00)

@CS

does 2.499 include the wimax device? which device i will get? Is it prepaid or postpaid? What if i don't use it for 2 months then come back start using it, do i need to pay 2 months which i haven't used the device/telephony service? What about details of the package of 5GB download limit unlimited browsing? also does unlimited browsing include youtube and other services? or those comes in downloading? What is the Speed limit of 5GB package? monthly charges?

Looking to buy some broadband, wateen is also in consideration, that why i ask so many questions.

Wow Great News ......

@CS

any benefits for users of 512 KB and 10 GB package ??????

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Sorry guys … a little late here … have been very busy. I will just give some quick highlights on new WiMAX tariffs.

The subscription cost for all new connections is now Rs 2,499. For unlimited package with subscription you will get free top up of Rs 1500. For 10 GB tariff free top up of Rs 1000.

For voice packages, you can pay Rs 90 additional per month to avail free unlimited calls from Wateen to Wateen

For 5GB and 10Gb packages, additional usage will be charged at Rs 25/100MB

All 768kbps existing customers are being shifted to 1mbps

All 15GB cap customers are being shifted to unlimited package

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us through any of the following channels:

1. Contact Center: 111-365-111

2. Email: customerservice@wateen.com

3. Live Chat available at www.wateen.com (Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00)

[/quote]

I am bit suspicious (I have my reasons) about “Virtually Unlimited. Non Abuse policy applies”.

It gives an idea that there is some ceiling and when some user touches it then something “magical” and “unexpected” will happen.

In PTCL’s Unlimited DSL/EVDO, some users download 50GB to 100+GB every month. My question is if somebody download 50GB or 100GB in a month using “Virtually Unlimited” Wateen WiMAX account then will the account suspended or do the user has to pay more?

To tell truth, my concern is that the “Virtually Unlimited” means a 15GB or 20GB quota or something like that with very high contention ratio, maybe 100:1 or maybe above 200:1. That’s why it is clearly mentioned that Wateen will not guarantee the speed of connection, or in other words, 1Mbits may get nothing more than 256Kbits in peak times (or maybe more worse).

Before you say WHO CARES, why don’t YOU care and aprpach the SCoP?
[/quote]

I am quite busy with my studies, otherwise I will like to approach honorable SCOP.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/default.asp
[/quote]

A bit improvement in this page of SCOP. When I last visited the website the email address was not there. Although one can email on that email address but a proper channel or the thing which describes any facility for the general public how to submit a complaint online is not there.

What do you think, whether one should launch a complaint at the mentioned address or not?

Not to be quirky, but isn't Wateen facing some speed issues in some parts of the country? (that's what I read sometime back).

But what I _do_ know is that you don't get the full bandwidth that you subscribe for. Not sure about WiTribe, but hey - the competition's getting healthy, like finally! :)

A bit improvement in this page of SCOP. When I last visited the website the email address was not there. Although one can email on that email address but a proper channel or the thing which describes any facility for the general public how to submit a complaint online is not there.

What do you think, whether one should launch a complaint at the mentioned address or not?

[/quote]

Ah, leave it. Legal system of Pakistan sucks big time.

These days I am dealing with it and trust me, it’s royal pain in a$$. You have to feed from top to bottom even when you are legally right. You have to “buy” justice in Pakistan. :expressionless:

Hmm cool..

atleast something good.. shud have taken this step long ago ..

hehe 1400rs + 100+ 100 = 1600rs 1mb :P

DSL still cheaper by almost 150rs and double speed (2mb).

no mood yet to switch back to wateen.

Ah, leave it. Legal system of Pakistan sucks big time.

These days I am dealing with it and trust me, it’s royal pain in a$$. You have to feed from top to bottom even when you are legally right. You have to “buy” justice in Pakistan. :expressionless:

[/quote]

Some time back I have also experienced this pain and these katcheri people’s tactics increase the frustration and they try to as much as they can for getting the mony out of ones pocket.

I was on 15gb 1mb so have been shifted to unlimited (speed however is even more limited than before) but so far been charged 175 rupees in blocks of 25 for my downloading, hmmm

Fair Usage Policy = Unlimited but actually limited and just written as unlimited to scam people, as if the original sucky service was not enough!

I have been using Wateen since Dec 2007,

its been a long time. I live in Rawalpindi Cantt, Race Course Scheme Area, the signal are good and not very dense user I guess in this area.

Wateen has been a cruel ironic cheater from the beginner.

1- The way their marketing people misguided the customer, about the free download in the beginning.

2- Then no bill for first few months

3- Heavy bills surprises.

4- Poor customer service.

5- Blah Blah

and now they have come up with this UNLIMITED Scheme with a fair usage policy.

Is it another Ponzi scheme?

All i know for last 2 weeks my download never cross the 60 kb/sec mark though I have 1MB download, where as in past months I always use to have 100~120 kb/sec

I was about to change to Ptcl EVDO.

but gonna wait a month now on unlimited.

Since my deposit with them is over now, so I dont care if they even send me a big bill about fair use policy.

:)

they just told me , the package start from next billing cycle.

be careful for this month usage.

By the way If its unlimited why they have put-------> Rs.25 for 100MB <---------