Unlimited GPRS Package?

Im currently on telenor. I want to get a package which has unlimited volume for GPRS monthly or weekly.. Which service provider can provide me that? Telenor has GPRS packages but they are all limited.

--

Most networks have unlimited edge packages for around 500-600. Zong has a 4gb package for 400 which is as good as unlimited for a mobile device. I am currently using 2gb package which is for 200. Hope this helps.

Yes, rnathbatra is right because Zong 2 or 4 GB is very cheap as compare to other network's EDGE service.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Most networks have unlimited edge packages for around 500-600. Zong has a 4gb package for 400 which is as good as unlimited for a mobile device. I am currently using 2gb package which is for 200. Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Could you please tell what speed do you get from Zong’s GRPS?

I was told by people that although zong’s GPRS is cheap, their speed is slower than Ufone et al.

I mean I don’t mind the speed being a little slow, as the price is really good, but I need to know how much slower is it?

So please do guide on this, as I have to make a decision based on the above.

Im currently on telenor. I want to get a package which has unlimited volume for GPRS monthly or weekly… Which service provider can provide me that? Telenor has GPRS packages but they are all limited.
[/quote]

Are you sure that 2 GB limit of Telenor is not enough for you? I was also a bit disappointed when Telenor told me that so-called “unlimited” package is actually limited to 2 GB per month. The speed was okay but not good. Only after 3:00am, I would get around 120kb/sec. So, how much I try, the speed can’t let me even reach 2 GB. I tried live radio, live TV, subscribed to podcasts but every month, the total volume I consumed was always less than 500 MB.

Could you please tell what speed do you get from Zong’s GRPS?

I was told by people that although zong’s GPRS is cheap, their speed is slower than Ufone et al.

I mean I don’t mind the speed being a little slow, as the price is really good, but I need to know how much slower is it?

So please do guide on this, as I have to make a decision based on the above.

[/quote]

Well. It varies by area really. At I I Chundrigar Road (at my office) i get good speeds. As high as 12 kb / sec. At Clifton (at home) i can get anywhere between 3kb to 6kb. I don’t get any issues while accessing news stories through Pulse news reader on Android, as they open within 1-2 seconds at the most. BBC News app works well as well. Push email / notificatons are top notch, i usually get email on my mobile first and then on my desktop. Zong EDGE connection rarely disconnects. Opening full websites take a lot of time though (even on Opera Mini). Its not as fast as others surely. I used to get much better speeds on Warid 10 MB Buckets. But those are just useless for an Android device.

By the way I did two tests today:

1. Usage of EDGE for 1 day with normal use - with Gmail push on and reading news stories on Pulse and BBC News - 13 MB

2. Mobile Speed Test - Clifton - 5kb per second

ZONG GPRS is best and cheap too.

I think zong is one of best option if you are looking for unlimited GPRS in cheap rate.

try mobilink 10rs + Tax per day unlimited. no idea about quality and speed