Universe cineplex cinema in seaview, karachi has some stupid rules

the universe cineplex in seaview has some stupid rules about being for

families only,therefore if you are with family then you can only go and see a movie there,

do the better cinemas in lahore (dha i think) have the same rule

This is not a stupid rule, infact this is an excellent rule.

In the regular cinemas, most of the people come for dating & all that, so these daters annoy families, but due to this rule in this cinema, families can watch movies without any problems.

lol

i dont think most of the movies are "FAMILY MOVIES"

But they should have atleast one or 2 days for non family people to go watch movies too.

ShoukaT is right

Some movies cant be watched with families and this rule sucks!, if you want to go watch a movie with friends or cousins..then

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

But they should have atleast one or 2 days for non family people to go watch movies too.
[/quote]

This is a good idea, 2 or 3 days for anyone & the remaining days for families.

Rather than banning the entry of staggers within the premises of cinema, the administration should focus of maintaining a certain level of security which could deal properly with those accused of inappropriate behavior.

Rather than banning the entry of staggers within the premises of cinema, the administration should focus of maintaining a certain level of security which could deal properly with those accused of inappropriate behavior.
[/quote]

It wouldnt really work.

I mean, Go to park towers or forum in karachi and you’ll see all the guys staring at all the girls all the time… and they dont even stop even if the girls are with their families…

You cant have security to stop people from “staring” lol…

So i think the rule is fine, It should be Families only, But it wouldnt hurt to have a few days for Non Family people too… Why not make Friday or Saturday Non Family day and Sunday and the remaining days for only families?

dha cinema is pretty good.. .there ain't any problems as far as i have seen... families come and go without any problem... even though many girls over there try to dress as less as they can:D... well it is a decent place with decent people...

Even Cinepax in Pindi ain't that retarded! Poor Karachiites.

^^ is it just me or is the quality of the screens shitty in cinepax pindi ?

I have watched movies in cinemas abroad and the quality is phenomenal whereas in pindi the screen has lines and the video also seems low rez

If a couple goes there to watch would they demand Nikahnama?

The screens aren't that great, I'd say. They seem to be running the projector off a film reel (you know, the old fashioned types). I was surprised the visual quality wasn't that good - but then, again, the last time I had gone to a cinema was when I was 7, in Kenya. It could vary from screen to screen, or instance to instance.

I haven't seen other cinemas so can't say much, but lines you say? I don't recall any lines. Could be that particular setup/movie/experience. I know for sure they're not lowres, cause if they were, we'd be seeing blocks on the screen - and I haven't seen one ever.

They have a horrible sound system is whats the worst part. It kills the movie.

The screens aren’t that great, I’d say. They seem to be running the projector off a film reel (you know, the old fashioned types).
[/quote]

That’s how it’s done, in cinemas. They don’t play it on a DVD.

In Islamabad, there are cinemas now operating in regular

homes. These are private 'clubs', where entry is by member-

ship only. It's a place with a mix of foreign couples (from the

diplomatic enclave) and corporate big-wigs, who wish to

be seen with them.

There is a bar to the side, when you enter the place, where

you can get the most expensive booze, served to you by

uniformed bartenders. Here, you can chill before or after

the movie with your pals.

The movies shown may be rated-R and there is no censor-

ship whatever. Kissing, nudity, anything pretty-much goes.

You pay a monthly membership fee and whatever you eat

or drink, gets billed back to you.

So now you know where all the rich 'n famous are hiding,

while you stand in line at Prince and Bambino for your

"Gallery" ticket and Naswar Khan breathes down your neck.

Sheikh 'What... da... Heck!' Chilli

^^ is it just me or is the quality of the screens shitty in cinepax pindi ?

I have watched movies in cinemas abroad and the quality is phenomenal whereas in pindi the screen has lines and the video also seems low rez

[/quote]

hmm I have been there few times a year or more ago and I found it good, rather its better than the cineplex here in Karachi, both in sound and video, or may be it WAS better and things deteriorated over the time…

The screens aren’t that great, I’d say. They seem to be running the projector off a film reel (you know, the old fashioned types). I was surprised the visual quality wasn’t that good - but then, again, the last time I had gone to a cinema was when I was 7, in Kenya. It could vary from screen to screen, or instance to instance.

I haven’t seen other cinemas so can’t say much, but lines you say? I don’t recall any lines. Could be that particular setup/movie/experience. I know for sure they’re not lowres, cause if they were, we’d be seeing blocks on the screen - and I haven’t seen one ever.

[/quote]

The lines i speak of are faint , they appear to be creases in the screen (it is cloth u know)

these stupid rules are everywhere in Karachi. Tell me a decent place where you can go visit without family.

The lines i speak of are faint , they appear to be creases in the screen (it is cloth u know)

[/quote]

Ah then I’m not sure… maybe a dirty cloth? Time for drycleaning, I guess :P