Unable to stream on 1mb wimax

I have a 1mb unlimited wimax with bolt 2 device and reside in pechs.From last week i am getting almost full signals on my device but i cant stream any videos from youtube or dailymotion,however small or big they are? any one else having this problem. Also, wateen contact numbers seem to be dead.

I just faced the "extremely slow streaming" problem last night, it was just dead but right now its working absolutely perfect.

For helpline, did you try 111 365 111?

yes jani, last night it went completely dead.

Their helpline no. always gets disconnected.

It is again getting slow now, I think Wateen doing it intentionally at nights :(

Yes,unable to stream even a 2 min video on facebook.its getting painful now.

I am not sure if this is the same specific issue as I have faced for more than a month, but this peculiar problem started in December after their upgradations. I don't use Facebook or Dailymotion, but I believe this is the same problem as I have been facing on other IPs/servers.

From what I was able to gather when I wanted to file a detailed complaint, was that data transfer from specific IPs was affected, but the speed returned to normal during ~2AM to 2-5PM. In order to confirm if it is the same issue, you can check your speed at http://speedof.mein late evening and early mornings. It should consistently show about 300Kbps (0.25Mb) at one of those times, and your normal package speed during the other. Until 20 minutes ago, I was not getting more than 0.2Mb on speedof.me, but now I am getting full 2MB. You might also get the same result, provided they also serve you with the static server/IP I always get connected to (68.232.34.73).

A more reliable method to confirm that the speed to specific IPs get affected during certain time durations, is by using the Java network test at http://netspeed.stanford.edu:7123/. It is a University server with 10 Gigabit connection which serves one client at a time, so no chance of inaccurate result caused by load on the server.

Due to the odd and inconsistent nature of this problem, it is difficult to file a complaint that will get them to investigate this issue thoroughly. If it persists for another day or two, I'll try and email them again though.

Ok.will try to test speeds at different times.

@Asad

What upgradation u r referring to?

Guys check the streaming now? on my end it is working very smooth, very fast I would say.

May be Wateen engineers were working on something in the past couple of days and now they have completed the work.

@jani

I was streaming from 8-10pm today and it was continuously interrupting.No joy in streaming.

Its not just the wimax

I am on PTCL and can confirm the same issue

[quote=“Asad-Ahmad, post:6, topic:21893”]

I am not sure if this is the same specific issue as I have faced for more than a month, but this peculiar problem started in December after their upgradations. I don't use Facebook or Dailymotion, but I believe this is the same problem as I have been facing on other IPs/servers.

From what I was able to gather when I wanted to file a detailed complaint, was that data transfer from specific IPs was affected, but the speed returned to normal during ~2AM to 2-5PM. In order to confirm if it is the same issue, you can check your speed at http://speedof.mein late evening and early mornings. It should consistently show about 300Kbps (0.25Mb) at one of those times, and your normal package speed during the other. Until 20 minutes ago, I was not getting more than 0.2Mb on speedof.me, but now I am getting full 2MB. You might also get the same result, provided they also serve you with the static server/IP I always get connected to (68.232.34.73).

A more reliable method to confirm that the speed to specific IPs get affected during certain time durations, is by using the Java network test at http://netspeed.stanford.edu:7123/. It is a University server with 10 Gigabit connection which serves one client at a time, so no chance of inaccurate result caused by load on the server.

Due to the odd and inconsistent nature of this problem, it is difficult to file a complaint that will get them to investigate this issue thoroughly. If it persists for another day or two, I'll try and email them again though.

[/quote]

Thank you for sharing the information which is really helpfull.

Great test i would far better than any other online tests I have seen so far.

Is it happening again? because for the past couple of days the internet speed reduce to only 300 to 400 Kbps. I can't stream videos smoothly as I used to.

Anyone else facing such prob?

Not on my end.streaming is smooth.