Unable to open 192.168.1.1 on my router ? Did something change?

For the last couple of days, I've noticed that whenever I want to open my DSL router page, I'm asked username/pass for it. However, it seems that the default user/pass which is "admin" is no longer working. Nobody else uses this PC but me, and its password protected. Weird thing is I had setup OpenDNS on this system for added security, but OpenDNS updater reports it is no longer running. Could it be from PTCL's end ? Or is it something else ?

I'm using Huawei HG510. No wifi router is being used with it.

me too facing the same problem...

There must be reset button at the back of router, just press this switch with any needle or pin for atleast 3 to 5 seconds or even more, ur router will be automatically reset at the default IP and paswords

Regards

That didn't work at all. I'm using another router provided by PTCL. Its also Huawei, but HG510a. It give me great pains trying to make it work. Initially it only worked in bridge mode, but somehow i made it work under PPPoE. But, i can see why this modem sucks. Time to buy a new router :/.

that modem is pain in da ass... it sometimes works and sometimes it needs dns like the paradyne modems, i will say get it replaced with wifi one...

You need to hard reset it. The method by trm33 should work but it may be different for your router. Google to learn more about how to reset your particular router.

You should have a password only you know, because your router settings page can be accessed by anyone who knows your IP. So someone may have changed the password.

yeah it happened to me a couple of days ago too. Had to reset the modem. Any idea why it happened though?

you may had accidentally block this address in browser

Hard resetting isn't working for me. It never resets :S.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hard resetting isn’t working for me. It never resets :S.
[/quote]

Just keep pressing for awhile. Maybe about 10-15 seconds.

btw anyone know which wireless router/modem PTCL provides? I need to change my Huawei HG510. Need uPnp and the ability to set static ips.

Ok, I kept the reset button pressed while it was off, and then turn it on. It finally reset successfully. I've changed the password from the default "admin". Hopefully, there won't be a repeat incident again. I"m glad to have my favourite router back. It never gave me trouble and is going strong for the last 2 years :). I think its the best modem PTCL has offered yet.

btw anyone know which wireless router/modem PTCL provides? I need to change my Huawei HG510. Need uPnp and the ability to set static ips.
[/quote]

I believe its a Huawei manufactured but labeled as Fiberhome AN1020-25

OK i was having same Problem !!! 2 times this week !

So i have to do the Hard reset and then reconfigure the modem

So i things its PTCL problem ? because we all having problem of access the 192.168.1.1 page !

It just happened to me to. About 10 mins ago. Wierd.

Block WAN access to modem . No one will then access your modem from internet. Only LAN access.

I have been having same problem and it wouldn't let me get into modem page, the internet also been weird hope PTCL fix the bug.....

Block WAN access to modem . No one will then access your modem from internet. Only LAN access.
[/quote]

How to disable WAN access mate ? Could you elaborate a bit further.

Thanks.