Ufone Postpaid Unlimited Data Package

Just got an SMS from 805 (Ufone service number?) stating:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Dear Valued Customer, Enjoy Unlimited Mobile Internet for whole month@Rs.500+Tax! Reply to this SMS with SUB & get UrEDGE Postpaid Unlimited Data Package.
[/quote]

It doesn't exactly competes with 1MB DSL from Micronet but the price for this EDGE internet package is still high IMO. Edge has speed limitations to below 384Kbps.

However, if one subscribes to it, one could easily use Google Latitude on one's phone while driving since it now has driving directions for major Pakistani cities.

Nonetheless, this transition to data services was inevitable considering the direction these services are headed toward.

Hmm i dont know about ufone...lol i connected to internet on my PC through bro's N70 & i got around 25-30KB/s speed...

& then i checked the balance...z0mg RS 100+ no more Lol...

Normally, these telcos charge Rs.15/MB for GPRS/EDGE usage. This new package is just 500+Tax per month.

^ New package??? Man, zong was giving unlimited gprs/edge for rs.400 + tax (prepaid) from when it was first launched in pakistan and till now. Just this month they limited it to 2gb per month.

u didnt read this thing..

*fair usage policy applies.... :)

here u go

http://ufone.com/prepay_uredge.aspx

* 1.5 GB data transfer limit as per fair use policy.

Ufone also has capped the speed @ 20kB/s

u cant get more than this speed..

but on zong i get 30kB/s via edge

ufone has also blocked rtsp video streaming on their edge so u cant watch youtube mobile on your phone...

on other hand on zong u can watch youtube mobile anywhere and enjoy your day anywhere...

btw sorry i forgot u r on postpaid but still i have told u the drawbacks of ufone's edge....

so stay away...

Who said zong is limited to 2gb?, dude its still unlimited,

Zong prepaid , indigo and ufone postpaid r still unlimited without any limited, and im confirm that what shoukat said ufone have puts some capped on thier data plan like streaming not allowed

^ Zong's Unlimited Internet Package is now limited to 2gb. Call their service centre and ask them. And yes Ufone is limited to 1.5gb.

here u go

http://ufone.com/prepay_uredge.aspx

* 1.5 GB data transfer limit as per fair use policy.

Ufone also has capped the speed @ 20kB/s

u cant get more than this speed…

but on zong i get 30kB/s via edge

ufone has also blocked rtsp video streaming on their edge so u cant watch youtube mobile on your phone…

on other hand on zong u can watch youtube mobile anywhere and enjoy your day anywhere…

[/quote]

How can I view youtube videos on mobile? Are there any specific settings? I tried many times to view youtube videos but get different errors such as “unrecognized file format”, "Link not available’ etc. I have Nokia 5300 set and using unlimited zong account.

^

brother

you can go to m.youtube.com

on your phone or even on your pc to view youtube mobile...

they even have youtube application thats allows easy acess to utube...

BUT

as you have made a mistake buying a non-symbian phone so youtube videos wont work on your phone...

i am afraid thts ur fate...

^

brother

you can go to m.youtube.com

on your phone or even on your pc to view youtube mobile…

they even have youtube application thats allows easy acess to utube…

BUT

as you have made a mistake buying a non-symbian phone so youtube videos wont work on your phone…

i am afraid thts ur fate…

[/quote]

one can watch youtube on ufone prepaid gprs/edge without jitters… cost for ufone prepaid unlimited (1.5GB) is 500PKR 31% tax ( u need to load almost 650-700 Rupees scratch card to activate this package per month) …using windows mobile phone standard

BUT

as you have made a mistake buying a non-symbian phone so youtube videos wont work on your phone…

i am afraid thts ur fate…

[/quote]

Thats not true, we can easily watch youtube videos on java cellphones, But the cellphone must support streaming videos (most cellphones support it).

^ I used youtube on my w810i. Its not symbion

here is youtube apps for java phones,its working nearly on all java enable phones http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/4194971/Youtubejava.zip

Today i received message from zong that dial 905 to activate unlimited mobile internet package for Rs.999+t/Month, seeing that make me so worried because i subscribe to their so called unlimited internet package for Rs.484, i called service center and ask about available packages of gprs (prepaid) they told me that 1st Package is for Rs.999+t and it is totaly unlimited, 2nd package is for Rs.400+t but with 4Gb capicity which is increased by us from 2GB. I was realy surprised that zong has increased its capicity. So this is the current update, but i dont have any idea how to subscribe 4gb package? Because they told to subscribe unlimited package (for Rs.999+t) dial 905, and same for 4Gb. Anyone have idea? Anyways zong internet realy sucks since last week, very very very slow, before that it was average. Now we can say, slowest speed with highest price. I am waiting for ufone to increase its limit, so i get back to ufone again, ufone is realy perfect

what is seed box,and what is utorrent and itorrent and btorrent and any other torrent like these if there are any