Ufone MMS + iPhone? Any Luck

Has any any one been successfully able to use MMS with the new iPhone 3.0 SW whilst on Ufone?

I've got the following settings:

APN: ufone.mms

MMSC: www.ufonemms.com:80

Proxy: 172.16.13.27

Have you jealbroken and unlocked your iPhone after upgrading to firmware 3.0?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Have you jealbroken and unlocked your iPhone after upgrading to firmware 3.0?
[/quote]

Yes, obviously. The issue is somewhere in the Ufone settings, the sending process fails somewhere around the 80% mark.

^so if your ufone is postpaid then the settings are fine, they should work without any problem.

and if you are using prepaid ufone then try the APN: ufone.pmms instead

ufone.mms is for the postpaid customers.

along with it is considered that all other services of the network is working fine on your iPhone-3G-v3(unlocked) like GSM calls, sms messages etc

Yes, obviously. The issue is somewhere in the Ufone settings, the sending process fails somewhere around the 80% mark.

[/quote]

Hello Raza

can you please explain how did you unlocked your iPhone after upgrading it to version 3 software.

I have upgraded but my iPhone again got locked and the quickpwn for 3.0 by iphone dev team is still not out just waiting for them.

can you please tell me how u unlocked after upgrading it to version 3

thank you

@danger www.ultrasn0w.com

Paraphrased instructions:

1. Upgrade iPhone to 3.0 via iTunes

2. Use redsn0w (www.redsn0w.com) to hacktivate and jailbreak your phone

3. Using Cydia, download ultrasn0w

4. Reboot & Enjoy.

@everyone_else

got it working, apparently you have to make the changes via the carrlier.plist file, so I created a custom one for Ufone with the appropriate MMS settings. Working just fine now. Took six hours and till 4 am at night, but these things can infuriate me to no end, so at least I got 5 hours of blissful sleep =)

^it's nice you shared it :)

@danger www.ultrasn0w.com

Paraphrased instructions:

1. Upgrade iPhone to 3.0 via iTunes

2. Use redsn0w (www.redsn0w.com) to hacktivate and jailbreak your phone

3. Using Cydia, download ultrasn0w

4. Reboot & Enjoy.

[/quote]

Hello Raza

can you please answer my point in my post here http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=104551#p104551. it is related to redsn0w and ultrasn0w

thankyou

i wish it is allowed to take you to my post.

this post was just related so i just asked it here.

@Raza

Please upload the carrier.plist file that u have edited, m too lazy to edit it myself :)

^but you have to modify it with your own network settings.