Ufone launched 3 Andriod Handsets

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ Kamran

My point was that no where on the internet you would see Huawei itself selling its phones “directly” to consumers. So there is no official retail price for it.

[/quote]

hmmm… makes no sense…

@ Kamran

I already know it is being sold unlocked at some sites. My point was that no where on the internet you would see Huawei itself selling its phones “directly” to consumers. So there is no official retail price for it.

[/quote]

Um… and which company actually posts their products retail price?? (Note: This is not a sarcastic remark, I am really confused :( )

Sweet. Do these junkies support andriod update by Huawei? Cuz Verve is still on Eclair.

And according to ufone website.. only Image supports Wifi? That is rubbish then.

they launched plastic rubber shoes not fones

2- average 111 uan call cost = 15 rupees so 15 rupees X 6 = rs 90

you would have saved collectively 54 minutes and rs 90 rupees of 6 fellow members.

[/quote]

Offtopic What? Seriously? I doubt that! Its a local call if forwarded to a local phone or NWD call if forwarded to any number across Pakistan!

^^ so you are saying actual cost is more than i have written?

Don't buy these phones from Ufone, look what they have done with Image & Verve , Printed their stupid logo on the back :-O Ideos is safe though!

Offtopic What's wrong with this guys nails in the picture ??? looks awful :(

^^ so you are saying actual cost is more than i have written?
[/quote]

Yup! these UAN calls are forwarded to Islamabad Offices usually according to my knowledge so this costs double on PTCL Landline and Rs. 2.5/min avg if calling from a cell phone cellphone.

Offtopic What’s wrong with this guys nails in the picture ??? looks awful :(

[/quote]

seems like this guy bite his nails alot

Look Here this Guy says these phones can't be unlocked, also i can't stop laughing when he said its "Ufone Image" like there is no company named Huawei

what i don't understand is why there aren't unlocked android smart phones phones selection in local market ( i am not talking about high end smart phone market.) the main hoopla late last year was rs 10k and up android smart phones phones coming to local market in 2011, its march already there is jack s-hit in the local market. if these phones would have materialized in local market then right now nobody would be talking about rip-off full price locked phones by cell service provider.

Um… and which company actually posts their products retail price?? (Note: This is not a sarcastic remark, I am really confused :( )

[/quote]

Lots of companies do it. Its called a “Product Press Release”. They mention the recommended retail price (either with the press release or separately) and also include specifications etc. Thats what my point is. There is no “official fixed retail price” as mandated by Huawei (its only a manufacturer for cell phones) . So anyone can buy it from them and sell it at “their” price. Some may sell higher and some lower, and Huawei is not concerned at how much you sell. However, whenever companies such as Nokia / Motorola / Apple set a recommended retail price the actual price in market is usually around that and should not deviate from that in order to maintain competitiveness (from the Company’s standpoint). Here are some examples (in case you guys still dont believe me):

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/03/02ipad.html

http://www.htc.com/us/press/first-windows-phone-7-device-for-sprint-htc-arrivetrade-available-beginning-march-20-for-19999/33

Further, have a look at this page:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/03/huawei-ideos-hands-on/

Excerpt from the press release:

News Facts

• Huawei announced the launch of IDEOS, the world’s first affordable smartphone, developed in partnership with Google.

• IDEOS is priced “between US$100 and US$200”, “depending on the market”, and comes with Android 2.2 pre-installed.

Quotes on the phrases in the second sentence above are mine.

I rest my case. :)

Edited: To correct a spelling mistake.

Plus Zong is more suitable for these data hungry phones (GPRS). Rs.200 for 2GB is not bad at all. And they can beat Ufone easily by offering X3 at the right price….

[/quote]

Agreed 101%. An Android phone without a suitable data plan is rubbish. Maybe they will introduce packages like Zong after some time since even 30 MB per month is too low. An Android which has Gmail, Facebook and few other apps running in the background (push notifications) will eat up more than 15 mb per day very easily.

what i don’t understand is why there aren’t unlocked android smart phones phones selection in local market ( i am not talking about high end smart phone market.) the main hoopla late last year was rs 10k and up android smart phones phones coming to local market in 2011, its march already there is jack s-hit in the local market. if these phones would have materialized in local market then right now nobody would be talking about rip-off full price locked phones by cell service provider.
[/quote]

Local market is just crazy about Nokia. The shopkeepers of local mobile market know only two things:

1) Nokia is best

2) If phone set was ever opened then the price is dirt

It is useless to argue with local mobile market shopkeepers about WSOD (White-screen of death) that even plague high-end and mid-range Nokia phone including their latest X6 and many other Nokia phones. They have vague myths why WSOD happens, and according to them it is never Nokia’s software problem but it is always user generated problem.

That’s why I have decided that my current cellphone (main phone) will be last Nokia Symbian and I’ll be switching to Android in my next upgrade.

Agreed 101%. An Android phone without a suitable data plan is rubbish. Maybe they will introduce packages like Zong after some time since even 30 MB per month is too low. An Android which has Gmail, Facebook and few other apps running in the background (push notifications) will eat up more than 15 mb per day very easily.

[/quote]

Depends on your usage, actually. I turned off push Gmail (realized it didn’t matter to me) and all, and - you’ll end up using your PC more for web browsing.

Telenor’s 45MB usually suffices for me - if I don’t go around surfing too much.

Sweet. Do these junkies support andriod update by Huawei? Cuz Verve is still on Eclair.

And according to ufone website… only Image supports Wifi? That is rubbish then.

[/quote]

Of course, All 3 sets support Wi-Fi. I don’t think any Android set comes without a basic thing such as Wi-Fi.

Don’t buy these phones from Ufone, look what they have done with Image & Verve , Printed their stupid logo on the back :open_mouth: Ideos is safe though!

http://propakistani.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC02597.jpg

http://propakistani.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC02609.jpg

Offtopic What’s wrong with this guys nails in the picture ??? looks awful :(

[/quote]

Yeah that’s the first thing I noticed too about these pictures. Look at the guy’s fingernails!

Look Here this Guy says these phones can't be unlocked, also i can't stop laughing when he said its "Ufone Image" like there is no company named Huawei

[/quote]

lol Yeah, he was being over-smart. Does he really think the target audience won't know that it's a Huawei? He paused for a bit, and then says "Ufone Image". Why was he hiding the manufacturer?

Plus I don't like how he gave answers.

what i don’t understand is why there aren’t unlocked android smart phones phones selection in local market ( i am not talking about high end smart phone market.) the main hoopla late last year was rs 10k and up android smart phones phones coming to local market in 2011, its march already there is jack s-hit in the local market. if these phones would have materialized in local market then right now nobody would be talking about rip-off full price locked phones by cell service provider.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree. What ever happened to these android phones?