Ufone launched 3 Andriod Handsets

Ufone has lauanched 3 andriod based handsets from Huawei.

http://www.ufone.com/about_AndroidHandsets.aspx

Prices

Image 24999/-

Verve 15499/-

Ideos 11999/-

Checked them out

They are all Huawei sets

Image: Huawei U8800

Verve: Huawei U8500

awesomeness!

For Verve, just to note it doesnt have a 3.5mm jack slot.

Also to add, as per the website below its running Eclair and is not upgradable to Froyo due to its low cost.

read more, review of Verve

http://support.yourhsc.com/blog/2011/03/07/huawei-u8500-review/

sim locked?

Awesome! Finally Android gaining some traction in Pakistan.

Huawei X5 is awesome for this price. Its almost got the same specs as iPhone 4!

Called Ufone and the representative said phones have been provided to all the the customer care centers in karachi today, and you can get a real hands on experience over there.

they are offering 30mb gprs free with the sets:

2 years for Image (i think)

15 months for Verve

6 months for Ideos

This Ideos comes with extra covers too, but the price is 1000 higher than ZoNG's

Are these locked phones?

Waiting for Huwaei X6.

Regarding locked/unlocked, i forgot to ask as it seems stupid, why would ufone sell unlocked phones.

Btw if anyone can go upto their customer service center and give us a review, that would be good.

timings are 9 to 6 which is a little frustrating!

That's great! 25K is pretty good for the amount of phone you get. Anyone know if they're sim locked? Although even if they are it should be simple enough to unlock after taking a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com

This site says it'll have more information soon: http://propakistani.pk/2011/03/09/ufone-launches-3-android-handsets/

^ Most likely, they are locked to Ufone.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Regarding locked/unlocked, i forgot to ask as it seems stupid, why would ufone sell unlocked phones.

Btw if anyone can go upto their customer service center and give us a review, that would be good.

timings are 9 to 6 which is a little frustrating!

[/quote]

hmm… forum is to help, if you would have asked simple question regarding lock and unlock then you would have helped this forum in this way below. since you already placed the call and it costed you.

for example 6 people wants to know if phones are locked unlock and 6 people call the ufone CS

1- average hold time and conversation with rep = 9 minutes so 6 people called with same question 9 minutes X 6 people = 54 minutes

2- average 111 uan call cost = 15 rupees so 15 rupees X 6 = rs 90

you would have saved collectively 54 minutes and rs 90 rupees of 6 fellow members.

@KO

@the_last_tragic_moment

@Asad

,r tragic you said its stupid for them to sell unlocked phones, for your information these phones are being sold at full retail cost of unlocked phones by ufone. which is a ripoff, if ufone sell it 50% off as a subsidized phone then they got all the right to lock it.

hmm… forum is to help, if you would have asked simple question regarding lock and unlock then you would have helped this forum in this way below. since you already placed the call and it costed you.

for example 6 people wants to know if phones are locked unlock and 6 people call the ufone CS

1- average hold time and conversation with rep = 9 minutes so 6 people called with same question 9 minutes X 6 people = 54 minutes

2- average 111 uan call cost = 15 rupees so 15 rupees X 6 = rs 90

you would have saved collectively 54 minutes and rs 90 rupees of 6 fellow members.

@KO

@the_last_tragic_moment

@Asad

,r tragic you said its stupid for them to sell unlocked phones, for your information these phones are being sold at full retail cost of unlocked phones by ufone. which is a ripoff, if ufone sell it 50% off as a subsidized phone then they got all the right to lock it.

[/quote]

There is no retail cost of these phones since huawei will never sell these phones unlocked in the market. This is due to the fact that Huawei does not have any supply chain mechanism in place with which they can push the products directly to customers. So they use networks all over all the world to sell their phones.

There is no retail cost of these phones since huawei will never sell these phones unlocked in the market. This is due to the fact that Huawei does not have any supply chain mechanism in place with which they can push the products directly to customers. So they use networks all over all the world to sell their phones.
[/quote]

little googling would have been nice on your part. i have already posted link in one of my post long time ago for unlocked IDEOS being sold by newegg.com for 150 dollars, i am gonna post link again, ALL HUAWIE PHONES ARE SOLD UNLOCKED BY DIFFERENT RESELLERS AROUND THE WORLD.

Ufone locked IDEOS 12000 rupees

newegg.com IDEOS 13000 rupees factory unlocked. (it would have been much cheaper if dollar was 60 rupees like it was for 6 to 7 years, due zardari dollar is gone up to 86 artificially)

now as i said if Ufone subsidized it by 50% which is normal and sell it for rs 6000 rupees then they got all the right to lock the phone. its a fair deal, and full cost of the phone and still locked thats unfair deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875606001&cm_re=Huawei--75-606-001--Product

This phone is available under 300 dollars UNLOCKED. See XDA forums where people all over the world have bought it legally unlocked for less than 300 us dollars!

It makes no sense to pay 300 USD in Pakistan for a locked phone. Besides the fact that having a locked phone is a bad idea anyways.

Heck, in other countries you would pay a max of 200 dollars for a locked phone, and that too a top of the line one like a Iphone 4 or a dual core Android phone...

Ufone is on crack. It's just like Pakistan to bring the worst feature of a locked phone without any of the things which make it appealing - mainly subsidized hardware!

^ Most likely, they are locked to Ufone.
[/quote]

Yes all three handsets are network locked.

@ Kamran

I already know it is being sold unlocked at some sites. My point was that no where on the internet you would see Huawei itself selling its phones "directly" to consumers. So there is no official retail price for it. But yeah i agree that the phone should be a subsidized a bit more when its sold locked. Also, it was pretty stupid of Ufone to offer IDEOS at 12,000 when Zong is already offering it at 10,999.

@ KO

You seem to forget that to get a high end smart phone like iPhone 4 for $200 dollars (in US) you have to sign up to a contact of 2 years which costs around 25-35$ per month (upto a maximum of $840 for two years) in addition to the phone being locked. :) If Ufone offered this set with a data plan + voice minutes then you could say they should have subsidized the price, otherwise i think its a fairly decent price. At least they are not ripping off their customers like Zong did when they offered IDEOS at 16,000 a few months ago which they have suddenly dropped to Rs. 10,999 now.

Instead of the obsolete U8500, Ufone should have brought the latest U8510 (Also known as the Ideos X3).

They launced X5, so I wonder why the held back X3!!

Man, It would have been perfect, and at the pefect, sweet price spot!

I think Zong will introduce IDEOS X3, since the price of IDEOS was reduced (to clear stock?).

Now if they only introduce it at the right price, it will be a sure hit, just like the original IDEOS.

Plus Zong is more suitable for these data hungry phones (GPRS). Rs.200 for 2GB is not bad at all. And they can beat Ufone easily by offering X3 at the right price….