Ufone and Warid has sent me this message about sim verification

i have been getting these texts from ufone and warid:

Dear customer please check the status of sims against your cnic by sending cnic# to 668 else your sim will be blocked within 7days.

Should i be concerned?

Only if you are un-sure whether it is really registered in your name or not.

I also got this message and deleted it. I know it will cost me few bucks :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i have been getting these texts from ufone and warid:

Dear customer please check the status of sims against your cnic by sending cnic# to 668 else your sim will be blocked within 7days.

Should i be concerned?

[/quote]

Not at all :P

i really need to make a complaint about these dumb a$$e$...first they sent me this txt..i txted back with CNIC and got this msg that i have "0" SIMs registered to my CNIC. whereas when i send an empty msg to 668 for SIM ownership i get my CNIC details against it..WTF?

I got the sms too.

But i didn't send the sms cause I know my sim is regstered on my CNIC and two other numbers which are registered as well on my CNIC are not/never been in my use.

So I just savd more then 2 rupees from being getting 'haraam' :)

i really need to make a complaint about these dumb a$$e$…first they sent me this txt…i txted back with CNIC and got this msg that i have “0” SIMs registered to my CNIC. whereas when i send an empty msg to 668 for SIM ownership i get my CNIC details against it…WTF?
[/quote]

Complaint to who?

I mean 667 and 668 services are provided by PTA.

What can I say "Is mulk main hum ney har taraf biloon ko doodh ki rakhwali pe rakha hai :confused: "

This msg is right... I've tried it myself and I've got all connections which are against my CNIC...

I also get message that 0 sims are registered on my CNIC.

Let their dead line come. If they blocked us then we will go to their customer care center.

And PTA sucks big time.

This msg is right… I’ve tried it myself and I’ve got all connections which are against my CNIC…
[/quote]

Nobody said nothing about the msg being wrong.

I used to send sms to 667 and 668 to check the relevant info back in 2008… So I don’t need to send them again. If haven’t then its practically a good to send sms and get informed.

I also get message that 0 sims are registered on my CNIC.

Let their dead line come. If they blocked us then we will go to their customer care center.

And PTA sucks big time.

[/quote]

That generally never happens. Although the instructions are from PTA for the registration part but blocing the sim would mean telcos reducing their bidness.

If telcos get a know-how about PTA that it about to take a strict action and they would have to block sims then telcos will start calling thier customers and registering the sims on the calls.

I got a same message i checked and OH mY GOD!!!!!! there was one extra sim registered on my name. I'm planning to give a visit to franchise but time is short and life is busy! :)

It is better to use this tool and get extra sims that you are not using blocked

I found 2 mobilink numbers opened on my nic and one of them was a golden number, i was tempted to get it for myself but i said what the heck its mobilink and their service is not so stellar so i had both sims blocked :)

[quote=“Frost, post:13, topic:14392”]

I found 2 mobilink numbers opened on my nic and one of them was a golden number, i was tempted to get it for myself but i said what the heck its mobilink and their service is not so stellar so i had both sims blocked :)

[/quote]

Oh! U missed it :P

U could change the Network ;) if you don’t like JAzz, Shift to Ufone/Warid/Zong ;) its not a big deal now :D

Our Government is so competent.. Whats the use of this #$%#..daily txting us for verification,they did this verification thing 2 -3 years back..still terrorists are kicking their arse