Ufone 30 seconds @49 paisa

Hi

Surprisingly really cheap rates for call! I was shocked when I saw the ad.

But I am always suspicious of these phone companies and their "offers" so I checked Ufone's website and sure enough the Terms and Conditions reveal the "trap".

Terms & Conditions:

One time subscription charges are Rs.10+tax

After 30 days of subscription, subscribers will be charged at 63 paisa per 30 seconds

No voice buckets other than International Direct Dialing bucket is included in this offer

Friends and Family numbers are not included in this offer

Standard charges will be applied on all calls made to free numbers and short codes

19.5% FED on usage and 10% withholding tax at recharge or bill applies

Terms and condition apply

Using SIM without proper documentation is a crime – PTA

After 30 days of subscription, subscribers will be charged at 63 paisa per 30 seconds

It seems that this offer only works for one month only. After that the rate increases, something which they fail to disclose in the commercial.

What is the regular rate these days btw? 63 Paisa still seems to be lower than usual.

Also I am not sure what this clause means exactly:

Can someone please decode it for me? Does this mean that 29% of my recharged amount will be deducted every time I load a card?

Thanks!

Ufone is sure getting crafty by the day :lol:

This package is good but the main problem is that you have to subscribe every month.

Still makes it 1.2/- per min aprrox. Why crave after a few paisas and make you life miserable. Just call from any network and live a life.

Other than that it is such a shame that we are taxed on the amount we recharge on our sim, yet we are re-taxed for the calls/sms we make from that 'already tax paid amount'. This is like you pay tax for a coke bottle, yet you pay tax again and again for every sip you take. The government is looting us with both hands.

[quote=“mutee, post:, topic:”]

Can someone please decode it for me? Does this mean that 29% of my recharged amount will be deducted every time I load a card?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Very roughly it means that but there is a difference. Lets assume you load card of Rs. 250:

Rs. 250 - 10% tax deduction - you get something like 209 rupees (after deducting other BS charges like service charge etc)

Rs. 209 x 19.5% = 41 (This is on usage only, i.e. on sending a message you get charged with Rs. 1 so with tax that would be Rs. 1.2 (19.5% tax).

So total tax (including service charges) is (250-209) + 41 = 82 Rupees

But if you take 250 x 29.5% = 73 Rupees

I don’t know the rate of service charges, i believe its something like 4%.

Maybe the service is good in big cities but I can assure you the service sucks big time when you cross Hassanabdal and enter Hazar division till Bisham etc.