Ubuntu .... Net Cafe and Messngers

AOA,

Guys i have installed Ubuntu in my cafe instead of windows and i am facing problems with my clients is Messengers

1. Cant get MSN messenger .. Alternate aMSN customers don’t like it

2. Cant run yahoo on it any suggestions please

Guide....

Will be appreciated

MSN and Yahoo messengers aren't available on Linux. You can try other messengers like Pidgin (probably the most popular), Kopete, emesen, etc.

use wine?

WINE can't run MSN. Pretty sure its the same with Yahoo.

Install Windows. 'nuff said.

^ Well there must be a reason why he installed Linux instead of Windows in the first place.

@cuteboypk: It might be an interesting experiment (though maybe not a very good business decision...) to encourage your customers to use Linux. But you might also want to consider the risks as people would probably not accept it willingly.

Long story short. Linux is an alternative to Windows, not a clone. If you absolutely must use Windows software, then you installed the wrong OS on your computers! Though I'd be interested in knowing what your thought process was when you decided to go with Linux?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AOA,

Guys i have installed Ubuntu in my cafe instead of windows and i am facing problems with my clients is Messengers

1. Cant get MSN messenger … Alternate aMSN customers don’t like it

2. Cant run yahoo on it any suggestions please

Guide…

Will be appreciated

[/quote]

customer is king. reinstall windows on client machines but use squid/ubuntu on server machine for better web experience.