UBL's new MasterCard Debit Card, anyone tried?

Has anyone with UBL account applied for their newly offered (at least I know of it now) MasterCard Debit Card? It can be used online as well, same as UBL's Visa Wallet/Debit Card but I am wondering if MasterCard will work on more sites like Amazon, Google Adsense etc. I hope they also offer pre-paid Mastercard now like UBL Wiz.

I understand that the limitation of Visa card usage on Internet is by the Bank itself but may be Mastercard won't be restricted.

no idea about this,

i was looking about ABL, whether it can be used for the PPC and adsense.

A good move by UBL. It's definitely closer to credit cards this time. Stuff like loyalty discounts and special mastercard-specific discounts are cool. It also has a 200,000 transaction limit which is pretty good too.

Only issue is, you have to maintain a 100,000 account. Also yearly maintenance is @ 1000PKR.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Available to all UBL account holders who maintain an average monthly balance of PKR 100,000 and above, In case of new customers the initial deposit shall be PKR 100,000 and above to apply for this card.
[/quote]

For normal internet users, the same issues will entail I believe. It has the same activation system. Every issue I ever got with UBL debit visa card was either due to link being down or the activation issue (merchant charging 12 hours late for example).

Hy guys

jusst wnna know

Does it work with godaddy and adword?

UBL debit visa never worked with them.

I am using standard chartered debit visa and it works on amazon. No debit card works on google checkout (from what I have heard)..

Hy guys

jusst wnna know

Does it work with godaddy and adword?

UBL debit visa never worked with them.

[/quote]

Not sure about that.

worked fine at namecheap and clickbank..........

^ talking about Visa Debit Card or Mastercard?

Won't make any difference. It all depends on the Pakistani bank's infrastructure. If banks in Pakistan are still living in the stone age it won't make any difference whether its mastercard or visa.

Consider that most bank's Visa cards don't work online at all. Not because visa is against online payments but because banks here have backward ideas about the Internet.

worked fine at namecheap and clickbank…
[/quote]

BTW its UBL WIZ card.

Won’t make any difference. It all depends on the Pakistani bank’s infrastructure. If banks in Pakistan are still living in the stone age it won’t make any difference whether its mastercard or visa.

Consider that most bank’s Visa cards don’t work online at all. Not because visa is against online payments but because banks here have backward ideas about the Internet.

[/quote]

dude right to the point, so true what you have wriitten

my experience with current account opened in EMIRATES NDB bank Iin dubai and thier visa debit card was active for in person or online charges right from the moment i got it, so no special permission to take from bank or other bulls-hit. the card works where ever there is visa logo inside dubai or outside dubai and online, case closed. their account policies are very lenient one can open up account on visit visa also.

can none costumers apply for UBL pre-paid debit cards?

are these card re-loadable or not?

and whats their issuing fees?

can none costumers apply for UBL pre-paid debit cards?

are these card re-loadable or not?

and whats their issuing fees?

[/quote]

Well, Since im an ACCA Affiliate, I got the UBL ACCA Wiz Card. Im pretty sure non customers can apply for the normal UBL Wiz Card as well.

Yes these cards are re loadable. Just go to any UBL branch and submit the normal deposit slip.

For the ACCA card, There was no issuing fees and no internet charges (ACCA cards are already activated for internet usage)

So the ACCA card is AWESOME. And yes it works on other websites as well, I bought a few mp3s from beatport.com and audiojelly.com

dude right to the point, so true what you have wriitten

my experience with current account opened in EMIRATES NDB bank Iin dubai and thier visa debit card was active for in person or online charges right from the moment i got it, so no special permission to take from bank or other bulls-hit. the card works where ever there is visa logo inside dubai or outside dubai and online, case closed. their account policies are very lenient one can open up account on visit visa also.

[/quote]

Do they give a cheque book for visit visa account holders?

Well, Since im an ACCA Affiliate, I got the UBL ACCA Wiz Card. Im pretty sure non customers can apply for the normal UBL Wiz Card as well.

Yes these cards are re loadable. Just go to any UBL branch and submit the normal deposit slip.

For the ACCA card, There was no issuing fees and no internet charges (ACCA cards are already activated for internet usage)

So the ACCA card is AWESOME. And yes it works on other websites as well, I bought a few mp3s from beatport.com and audiojelly.com

[/quote]

thanks for reply and am going to apply for one soon for test drive

pls del "nadeenintel"'s posts frm everwhere n ban him. thnkx

They seem to have reduced the eligibility criteria from PKR 100,000/- to PKR 50,000/- in the last month only. Quoting from UBL:

Where is UBL Premium Debit MasterCard available and what is the eligibility criterion?

Eligible customer will get UBL Premium Debit MasterCard against their accounts at respective UBL branches. All existing account holders who maintain a balance of PKR 50,000/- (based on average balance maintained in last month) and above shall be entitled to apply for Premium Debit MasterCard. In case of new to the bank customers, Premium Debit MasterCard will be offered to those customers who open an account with minimum balance of PKR 50,000/- and above.

[/quote]

Source:

https://www.ubl.com.pk/retail/ubl_Prem_Debit_MSCard/faqs.asp#3

Very informational and educational as usual!

i am using UBL wallet Visa card fore than 3 years . it works very well and my monthly transaction with this card is up-to 300,000 ( server feces mostly) .

but recently because of the increasing dollar rate , my one invoice exceed the limit of visa card per session , 100,000 ,

i called the help center and they say only option to pay above 100,000 is getting UBL master card.

so i applied for this master card , got it after 7 days , and guess what , not able to do any transaction with it , i am almost daily activating the session and calling the help line they are not even registering a complain , just keep saying yeh , we noted your problem will call you in 24 hours , and never received the call. i activated 15 session approx .

Yesterday i received the call from department , they said , there is some problem with all master cards , they are no working for internet transaction , atm working is fine , and there is no eta when every thing will work ,

there is only one card that offer more than 100,000 internet trans , that is SC Platinum card and that required monthly 3M active transaction and that i don't have.

:(

The UBL master Debit card is not good at all. Its useless if you want to use it online. They will tell you that everything is okay and session has been activated but you won't be able to do any transaction online. It will work fine on ATM and point of sale terminals. I have it for many years and it has never worked a single time. Each time I have to rely on someone else to clear the bills or online buying process. They will activate session will charge you and on calls and support will tell you a weird problem that won't make any sense and will say that try tranasction again and it will work. Kept calling and wasting my time and money. At a time I activated session 3 times and called a number of times tried a lot but wasn't able to do any trsaction online and still they say that everything is fine on their end. My card is fine, balance is there, session is activated but no matter which site you try or how many times you try to do a transaction it will not go through.

Anyone thinking about getting UBL platinum master debit card to use it online should stay away as you will just waste you time and money.