UBL Wallet Card?

Just wondering, what's the difference between UBL wallet card and their credit card?

Wallet = Debit Card

Credit Card = Credit Card

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wallet = Debit Card

Credit Card = Credit Card

[/quote]

I’ve never quite figured out what’s the difference between the two. :P

Can the debit card be used to make online purchases?

I’ve never quite figured out what’s the difference between the two. :P

Can the debit card be used to make online purchases?

[/quote]

Debit card = You’re not borrowing the money from the bank. The money you’ve just withdrawn has been deducted from your bank account. Bank account is a requirement. You cannot do online shopping with debit cards even thought, it might be Visa.

Credit Card = You borrow/loan from the bank. Bank account is not a requirement since you will receive a bill every month for your purchases. They’re mostly powered by Visa and Mastercard. You can easily shop online with Credit Cards of any bank from Pakistan. I recommend Abn Amro.

You cannot do online shopping with debit cards even thought, it might be Visa.
[/quote]

But this article says you can:

Today debit cards look exactly like credit cards even carrying the same logos. Both types of cards can be swiped at the checkout counter , used to make purchases on the internet, or to pay for the fill-up at the gas pump.

Is it just Pakistani debit cards that can not be used online?

I see. Wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks for the clarification isharis. :)

If you have a Visa or Master Debit Card you can use it online.

A couple of Pakistani banks do provider international debit card.

[/quote]

using debit card online is more risky IMO

[/quote]

UBL has a Visa Debit Card. Are you sure it can be used online?

Yeah, you should not use your debit card online.The process of charging back on Debit Card is very tough and you might loose money if someone uses your Debit Card.

First I need to know if I can even use it online or not. :lol:

And I'm so desperate for a credit/debit card that can be used online, I hardly care about the risks right now.

How can anyone use my Debit Card if I don't give away the Debit Card info myself?

First I need to know if I can even use it online or not. :lol:

And I’m so desperate for a credit/debit card that can be used online, I hardly care about the risks right now.

How can anyone use my Debit Card if I don’t give away the Debit Card info myself?

[/quote]

The default UBL Visa card won’t work online. Nonetheless, UBL and many other banks provide an “international” version of debit cards which can be used online. The problem, however, is that it’s difficult to get your application approved. For MCB, the rules mentioned to me by the manager were as follows:

* 6 months of account maintenance

* job proof or 6 months tax documents (self-employed)

In pakistan when you want a credit card you must have sufficient funds which back your card. So how can we call it a credit card? when all we do is withdraw our own cash?

In pakistan when you want a credit card you must have sufficient funds which back your card. So how can we call it a credit card? when all we do is withdraw our own cash?
[/quote]

You dont need always bank balance in your account for credit card, this is just in begning to get approval. Credit card means if you dont have money use bank credit and if you really careless than will be in big trouble by paying huge interest. So be carefull when using credit card. Debit Card is safe, if you dont have money in your account than you cant use it.