UBL.com.pk is DOWN!

It's a god damn bank! things like these shud not be happening!!! It's not opening here and I really really needed to check my balance!

lol, UBL SSL is expired.

https://www.ubl.com.pk/ebank/login/login.asp

Works for me.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Works for me.

[/quote]

"The certificate expired on 5/3/2008 4:59 AM."

Fire the IT team … haha!

Works for me.

[/quote]

I find that a bit difficult to understand. How can it work for you when their certificate (Secure Socket) has expired? Perhaps, it is your cache but that’s a long shot!

These are banks, they charge thousands of rupees for everything. They charge for all incoming international transactions, they charge for online banking (yup UBL charges some money directly from your account very month) and they do not pass big benefits to us. The least they can do is at least have their site stay online!!!

This is huge and very very disappointing!

Regards,

the site opens but gives that error first

I find that a bit difficult to understand. How can it work for you when their certificate (Secure Socket) has expired? Perhaps, it is your cache but that’s a long shot!

These are banks, they charge thousands of rupees for everything. They charge for all incoming international transactions, they charge for online banking (yup UBL charges some money directly from your account very month) and they do not pass big benefits to us. The least they can do is at least have their site stay online!!!

Regards,

[/quote]

You can still access website even if SSL is invalid.

You can still access website even if SSL is invalid.

[/quote]

but will all the features work?

but will all the features work?

[/quote]

Yep

Yep

[/quote]

so whats the problem then use it normally

SSL secures your data information.If they have installed SSL they should renew it..

Regards,

[/quote]

I have been using UBL netBanking since February 2007 and I never faced a problem. Yes their SSL Certificate is expired but I just visited the site and in Firefox, it told me that the Certificate is expired but it gave me an option to CONTINUE. So you can still login. If you don’t feel safe then call 0800-11825 and check your account Balance through the helpline.

And as far as the charges are concerned, they have not cut any thing from my Account on monthly basis for Internet Banking! If you see their tarrif, its clearly written that if your Debit limit is less than 25,000/- per month. They charge ZERO rupees per month as subscription fee. Door step cheque delivery to any one in Pakistan is for Rs.50/- per cheque. Which is way too good. Why? Make a Bank Draft from Bank, it will cost you 50-100+ Rupees as fees. Then courier it through TCS and it will charge you another 60-110 Rupees. Over on UBL Netbanking, you just pay Rs.50/-. Now they send the cheques you initiate through Net Banking from Karachi through TCS to the address and person you mention on NetBanking. Do the maths and you are the one benefiting.

Direct deposit to UBL accounts, I have done those a lot ever since I opened the Account. They don’t charge any thing for that, thats what it says ZERO rupees when I am doing the transfer from NetBanking.

And for those who want a debit limit of more than 25,000 (I don’t think they’ll care if they are paying 50-100 per month for sending cheques/drafts through TCS from their office or home). It will cost them Rs.50 per month for max limit of Rs.100,000/- and Rs.100 per month for max limit of Rs.500,000/-, through netBanking. And these are not charged if your account has an average balance of 15,000 - 30,000 Rupees in the past 3 months. Those who’ll want such a limit will be BUSINESSES and their account balances are a lot more than 15,000 - 30,000 I am sure.

Even if they charge me 500-600 a year. I don’t care. I am very very happy with the services they offer through netBanking. The only thing they lack right now is direct deposits to other Banks (Inter banks), I am sure that is coming in future. It will save me going to other Banks for online transfer to people or going down to the ATM for inter bank transfer. It will be Paypal of Pakistan then. For the services they are offering, and perhaps the only bank in Pakistan offering the direct deposit/cheque to anyone in Pakistan through netBanking. They deserve the appreciation. Shouldn’t act like typical desi way. If things go right you praise and if one glitch comes, you get on to them.

I have been using UBL netBanking since February 2007 and I never faced a problem. Yes their SSL Certificate is expired but I just visited the site and in Firefox, it told me that the Certificate is expired but it gave me an option to CONTINUE. So you can still login. If you don’t feel safe then call 0800-11825 and check your account Balance through the helpline.

And as far as the charges are concerned, they have not cut any thing from my Account on monthly basis for Internet Banking! If you see their tarrif, its clearly written that if your Debit limit is less than 25,000/- per month. They charge ZERO rupees per month as subscription fee. Door step cheque delivery to any one in Pakistan is for Rs.50/- per cheque. Which is way too good. Why? Make a Bank Draft from Bank, it will cost you 50-100+ Rupees as fees. Then courier it through TCS and it will charge you another 60-110 Rupees. Over on UBL Netbanking, you just pay Rs.50/-. Now they send the cheques you initiate through Net Banking from Karachi through TCS to the address and person you mention on NetBanking. Do the maths and you are the one benefiting.

Direct deposit to UBL accounts, I have done those a lot ever since I opened the Account. They don’t charge any thing for that, thats what it says ZERO rupees when I am doing the transfer from NetBanking.

And for those who want a debit limit of more than 25,000 (I don’t think they’ll care if they are paying 50-100 per month for sending cheques/drafts through TCS from their office or home). It will cost them Rs.50 per month for max limit of Rs.100,000/- and Rs.100 per month for max limit of Rs.500,000/-, through netBanking. And these are not charged if your account has an average balance of 15,000 - 30,000 Rupees in the past 3 months. Those who’ll want such a limit will be BUSINESSES and their account balances are a lot more than 15,000 - 30,000 I am sure.

Even if they charge me 500-600 a year. I don’t care. I am very very happy with the services they offer through netBanking. The only thing they lack right now is direct deposits to other Banks (Inter banks), I am sure that is coming in future. It will save me going to other Banks for online transfer to people or going down to the ATM for inter bank transfer. It will be Paypal of Pakistan then. For the services they are offering, and perhaps the only bank in Pakistan offering the direct deposit/cheque to anyone in Pakistan through netBanking. They deserve the appreciation. Shouldn’t act like typical desi way. If things go right you praise and if one glitch comes, you get on to them.

[/quote]

The direct inter banks deposits are not going to come until state bank withdraws its verification process.

^

It's verification process? Can you please explain? Inter bank transfers are possible right now through ATM for all 1-Link connected banks.

From my one friend, i come to know that UBL is paying Rs.90,000/ annually for hosting service. which is $107/month roughly.

Which is nothing because it's a CORPORATE BANK SITE!

From my one friend, i come to know that UBL is paying Rs.90,000/ annually for hosting service. which is $107/month roughly.
[/quote]

NO wonder! they are owning a dedicated server lolxxx… A bank site is hosted on a dedicated server.

well that is nothing dude. i think he might want to say that 90,000 Rs per month because 107$ is really a cheap amount for the server. and to host bank website you need server far beyond normal. they should be paying more then 1000$ a month to host. i have one website which is http://www.cafepixie.com and i am paying 199$ per month for dedicated server and that is totally unmanaged. and i need to have managed it will cost me round about 599$ per month :)

the website is again down??

hi, i am trying to connect to ubl site from the last many days. But site is not opening, can anybody tell me the reason? or anybody have any information?