UACommunication server destroyed my 3 years hard work.. >:(

I was with this server for 3 years and had hosted 5 accounts and domains with them, all of them my main websites, and all of them earning.. as 4 of them were on the first page of google for their keyword.

Since September, I stopped updating and had to come to UK for my masters degree, so I did not have time to update my websites, but I would still check their stats occasionally, in my last check I found out that all 5 of my websites had been down for more than 2 weeks.. and my earnings were obviously $0.

So I emails them, and this is the reply I got:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
UA Communication

Hello Faraz ,

Our server has been crashed completely and all accounts data has been lost.

We are facing too much problems with our servers and can't manage our services so we request you to please select another Hosting Company to continue your services.

We are really sorry about this issue and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Support Department

(¯`·._.•UA Communication•._.·´¯)

92-21- 32588218

92-21- 38285769

+92-345-284-5234

[/quote]

FFS!!!!!!

--

I don't know about you, but I would never go for a company which uses ASCII flowers/sprinkles in its email signature.

(¯`·._.•UA Communication•._.·´¯)
[/quote]

ಠ_ಠ

Always go with reliable companies for web hosting, I can not believe they have no backups, they must have at least monthly backups.

Sorry to hear what happened to your websites.

But I am surprised that you were not even aware of them being down for over two weeks. :rolleyes:

I hope you have your backups and can restore your websites from them.

First of all, I have no sympathies toward UA Communication. Hell with them for crashing server without any backup plan of data-recovery.

I wonder why you webmasters do not make regular backups of your websites? And then blame on webhost when their server crash and all data is lost? Even when almost all webhost clearly state in their service policy that data safety is not their responsibility and regular backup is the responsibility of webmasters.

Learn to make regular backup (if not weekly, then on some specific routine like whenever you update your website) of your websites.

Then keep those backups on different places. I put backups on Flash disk, upload to another server, harddisk and monthly write it to CD/DVD disc. This way, even webserver is crashed and one of my back, for example, harddisk is also crashed, I still have many other copies of backups to recover from (for example, CD/DVD disc, Flash disk and another webserver where I uploaded the backups). Not just my websites, but my important files, documents and all of my source code (I am not going to code them second time) is in backups.

Have you hosted your sites to another server as yet. If not, thats what you should do as a first step. I can understand the pain of doing so, you might not have all the data and other necessary things to go back on track.

Instead of crying on the waste, save what you have from losing i.e. google ranking. It will not be lost if you act quick.

i have already dropped 5 places in google, was number 2, now am number 7..

and yes i would like to transfer my domains to another server but that is if they give me control of my domains..

i cant even access my domains to change names servers.. ive been contacting them with no reply.. theyve only given e access to 1 domain.. and the other 4 are still in an unknown state

I don’t know about you, but I would never go for a company which uses ASCII flowers/sprinkles in its email signature.

ಠ_ಠ

[/quote]

LMAO, good observation :D

First of all, I have no sympathies toward UA Communication. Hell with them for crashing server without any backup plan of data-recovery.
[/quote]

I don’t think anyone will have sympathies for UAC. What troubles me the most is that that actually have a whole page talking about “Data Protection & Disaster Recovery Plans” … :rolleyes: Their reply to client (another thread) speaks for them. I wonder how the manage to keep it up for three years…

and yes i would like to transfer my domains to another server but that is if they give me control of my domains…

i cant even access my domains to change names servers… ive been contacting them with no reply… theyve only given e access to 1 domain… and the other 4 are still in an unknown state

[/quote]

They can’t restrict your access to your domains (assuming they are registered with your own name and email), if you don’t mind telling the domain name, I might be able to help you. (PM/Email if you want to)

HAHAHA .. there is someone here from uacommunication or someone who is not happy about this post..

i got a very very angry email.. from a very angry and sad person regarding this post..

the email was from : gandabachcha.8886@yahoo.com

to the guy that sent me the email,:

dude you're just sad.. you should get a life.

--

HAHAHA … there is someone here from uacommunication or someone who is not happy about this post…

i got a very very angry email… from a very angry and sad person regarding this post…

the email was from : gandabachcha.8886@yahoo.com

to the guy that sent me the email,:

dude you’re just sad… you should get a life.

[/quote]

i got abusive mail from same address.

$hitty people showing themselve

This a real bad case, they should have used Raid10 disk and offsite data backup. If you are finding suitable web hosting for yourself consider Web Hosting Pakistan

faraz_k86 wrote:

and yes i would like to transfer my domains to another server but that is if they give me control of my domains…

i cant even access my domains to change names servers… ive been contacting them with no reply… theyve only given e access to 1 domain… and the other 4 are still in an unknown state

[/quote]

I have two of my domains purchased from UAcommunication (Umar Ashraf Communication) and when i wanted to shift to another server i was not given the domains back because they were not replying me at all …

I have two of my domains purchased from UAcommunication (Umar Ashraf Communication) and when i wanted to shift to another server i was not given the domains back because they were not replying me at all …

[/quote]

These are the problems that happen to many people. UA Communication and some other websites do so usually.

[/quote]

Were you able to get your domains? The can’t hold your domain as it will be against ICANN rules.

If they are not replying to you and creating problem for your domain transfer, just sent their parent registrar an email.

^^ I didn't get the domain back, Ultimately i complained the registrar and they replied me back that the domain you are asking is for sale and you can buy it for 48$ :)

Actually the domain which user registers with UAcommuniation is not registered in user's name, Its in the agent's name. If agent is died Etc then you cannot get your domain back because officially its not your's .

Many hosting companies like UAcommunication get advertise them selves "buy hosting account and get Free Domain for Life time" So actually we should not go for this "Free Domain", From that time i prefer buying Domains from Godaddy :)

^^ I didn’t get the domain back, Ultimately i complained the registrar and they replied me back that the domain you are asking is for sale and you can buy it for 48$ :)

Actually the domain which user registers with UAcommuniation is not registered in user’s name, Its in the agent’s name. If agent is died Etc then you cannot get your domain back because officially its not your’s .

Many hosting companies like UAcommunication get advertise them selves “buy hosting account and get Free Domain for Life time” So actually we should not go for this “Free Domain”, From that time i prefer buying Domains from Godaddy :)

[/quote]

Although we also offer a FREE domain with every hosting plan, but all the domains registered by us are in the name of their respective owners/companies.

I was with this server for 3 years and had hosted 5 accounts and domains with them, all of them my main websites, and all of them earning… as 4 of them were on the first page of google for their keyword.

Since September, I stopped updating and had to come to UK for my masters degree, so I did not have time to update my websites, but I would still check their stats occasionally, in my last check I found out that all 5 of my websites had been down for more than 2 weeks… and my earnings were obviously $0.

[/quote]

That’s the reason why you shouldn’t always search for the cheapest web hosting company but instead base your search on “quality”. We have people complaining about the slight price differences and get compared frequently to other hosts. We have repeated time and again that we use Raid-10 Hard disk arrays and separate backup drives/servers providing daily backups and therefore our cost is almost twice as much as compared to a server without such backup measures. If we have to offer you quality services, we have to charge accordingly. These are the little things that matter, the decision is yours!

Anyways its pretty sad to hear what has happened with UA communication, pretty unfortunate and can happen to anyone. At the end of the day its the hardware that we rely on. We share our condolences with people who lost their data and hard work.

^^ I didn’t get the domain back, Ultimately i complained the registrar and they replied me back that the domain you are asking is for sale and you can buy it for 48$ :)
[/quote]

Sorry for your loss. Seems like you contacted the registrar when the domain was already expired.

Actually the domain which user registers with UAcommuniation is not registered in user’s name, Its in the agent’s name. If agent is died Etc then you cannot get your domain back because officially its not your’s .

Many hosting companies like UAcommunication get advertise them selves “buy hosting account and get Free Domain for Life time” So actually we should not go for this “Free Domain”, From that time i prefer buying Domains from Godaddy :)

[/quote]

I have seen this shady practice of few local companies. (Especially web designing companies) The thing is, most clients are either not aware of the situation or don’t bother asking them to change the info. I have seen few clients who dont even know what is a whois. (Go figure :P )

Even if a host is offering a Free domain, client should get its ownership. (Unless the host is clearly saying they will retain it) If they are doing so, one should simply stay away from them.