UA Communication (webhost) sucks

They sent me this mail after my query, did not even bothered to send at first.

Once my other host were down for 5 days, they compensated me for 1 month of hosting, for just downtime.

But these people have not any guts. Every single file is removed.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Hello xxxxx,

We are sorry to inform you that RAID1 array has failed in the server and is unreadable. We have replaced the drives in the array and reimaged the server and tried hard to retrieved data from old drives but we are afraid to say that it does not look good. The array is completely failed and unreadable. We are afraid we are unable to retrieve any data from it. But fotuntealy MySql databases were kept in third dive which was out of the RAID array so all the MYsql data is save.

The result of above discussion is complete files lost so we have to give you fresh account on server and then:

1. You should upload your files / script again

2. Make Mysql user and assign that user to mysql database from Cpanel > Mysql Database area

3. Configure your mysql database in script’s config file.

We know how painful is to doing above exercise again but sometime there is nothing remain in the human hands and we are facing same situation today.

Please note none of the web hosting company in the world give you data protection guaranty as its impossible to give 100% data protection guaranty. You can see very famous USA based web hosting company Hostgator tems of services below:

Hostgator’s Terms:

http://www.hostgator.com/tos/tos.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.) Backups and Data Loss

Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service is ran on Sunday of each week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and only one week of backups are kept. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. HostGator is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HostGator servers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly below are Hostmonster terms:

http://www.hostmonster.com/cgi/info/terms.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 (02)· Backups. For its own operational efficiencies and purposes, Hostmonster.com from time to time backs up data on its servers, but is under no obligation or duty to Subscriber to do so under these Terms. IT IS SOLELY SUBSCRIBER'S DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP SUBSCRIBER'S FILES AND DATA ON HOSTMONSTER.COM SERVERS, AND under no circumstance will Hostmonster.com be liable to anyone FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND under any legal theory for loss of Subscriber FILES AND/or data on any Hostmonster.com server. Hostmonster.com will not attempt to back up accounts that exceed 50,000 files or 30 Gigs of space for any reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above two references are only for sample purposed infact all companies in the world having same policy as giving 100% data protection guaranty is impossible. Our terms are also same

http://uacommunication.com/index.php/Web-Hosting-Policies-for-all-servers-Linux-windows-etc.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data Back-Up

Although regular back-ups will be performed, UA Communication will not be held responsible for any loss of data. It is up to the hosting account to ensure you maintain a local copy of your web data for your own back-up purposes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though, we are very much bad feelings in informing you above facts but this is truth which we have to inform you.

Your account has been recreated for new login information please check your email.

Regards,

Support Department

(¯`·._.•UA Communication•._.·´¯)

92-21- 38285769

+92-345-284-5234

[/quote]

:/

i bet you obsolete 7 years old dell server with single HDD, i went to computer market i saw like zillion old dell servers dumped in local market.

Raid 1 is exact copy on the second HDD in real time. there is no way both HDD can go bust at the same time. i bet you they never used Raid 1 to start with, just single HDD, and i don't understand why someone wanna go local host strange.

150px-RAID_1.svg.png

2 years back, it was only choice, and my bad i did not moved all sites to new host.

desi hosts always sucks

Hardware failures occur and many hosts have a policy to make the customer responsible for backing up their own data. It's fine. Data loss is a normal thing and you should be well prepared for it. Do not expect magic or live on hope that nothing will go wrong. Desi/local or not, it doesn't really make a difference in this case.

However, if you go for reputable and expensive hosts, they'll definitely backup your data on regular basis. Some cloud hosts have several copies of your data on the grid and they rightly charge a premium for the service.

@kamran1x1: Complete unrecoverable RAID failures are not unusual. They might not be lying.

looks like uacommunication is reseller of hostgator. why don't you buy hosting directly at host gator. i am using their hosting

Edited thread title to more accurately reflect thread content.

:mad:

scary, but i think you should be always prepared for this...

well a few days ago, some people lost their mails even in gmail, so i guess u should not always trust in cloud storage.

I regularly backup all my cpannel stuff to adrive.com using remote upload...

just to be safe from all this..

looks like uacommunication is reseller of hostgator. why don’t you buy hosting directly at host gator. i am using their hosting
[/quote]

Hostgator is better choice among availabe shared hostings

I have very bad experiance with 3iX, Cirtexhosting.

and yes local host always sucks.

--

Oh very (very bad) TA.

I was just reading the original post from the word one and was noticing that how poor "writing a letter" skills they have. And later I found that it's a local host which then proved that not only the letter can be bad written but the fact, they explained, can also be true with them being a local company.

One more thing which I hated in the letter is that when they tried to justify and presented an equivalence with other well-known hosting service providers. Literally Unprofessional

Do not resist only on the backup, the host provides (local or real :/ ). Always is good to backup your stuff on other services or keep it down to your machines.

Yes it is good to keep backup in your hand, but my bad i left this practice long ago. Will do backup always from now on.

I also hated their reference thing and referred them to my other host.

They even removed fantastico from their cpanel, i am quoting their reply when i asked compensation.

Now this is ridiculous, more then 400 clients, and their response.

Hello xxxxx,

Sorry sir there is not any compensation plan against this.

More then 400 clients on same server and all are bearing same issue what you do.

We need your cooperate to getout us from this issue.

[/quote]

--

That's why you backup your data, especially if it's important (you should have learned from wp losing everything some years ago :P )

Always make regular backups, must to do for web hosting user.

sigh... I guess I found one of the 400 guys suffering the same fate as me..

wel at least you got your databases back.. I did not even get those and told me that "everything is lost.. sucks to be you"

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16543

in past i hv lost my data many times..

moved on to other offshore ones and they r way way better then uacommm

Even though, we are very much bad feelings in informing you above facts but this is truth which we have to inform you.
[/quote]

Since when did 10 year olds start web hosting?