TV Tuners

Hi, i am thinking of getting a TV tuner card and i wanted to know which card is the best? I have used a few TV Tuner cards before and i also have a Dany TV device right now but the quality is really really poor.. I have a 22 inch LCD and i want to enjoy the same quality as you would get on a normal TV on my LCD.. Is that possible or are TV tuners just crap?

If there's a device through which i can connect my TV cable directly to the LCD, that would be great because then i wont have to turn on my PC.. But i cant compromise on picture quality.

Any ideas ?

Well there is a Dany TV device for LCD i think it costs Rs2800~3000 . I haven't used it myself so can't advise you if it any better then the normal Rs1000 tv device. But they claim that it has better resolution .

I have the 1000rs Dany TV device and the quality is pretty horrible.. :(. I had connected it with my CRT monitor before and the quality was really bad i havent tried it on my LCD.

^i guess it would be even worse with the detail level of LCDs :D

well how much is your budget? if you can cough up 6000 or more go for pixelview playtv pro external device , visit their website and see which product suits you they are ideal for gaming purpose, Galaxy sells them also.

And the quality on PixelView Play TV is just as good as that on a normal TV?

I can save up for it but i want good quality.

I am using Pinnacle usb device and the quality is pretty good.

The one which is for 2700rs on galaxy ?

the quality is gonna depend upon the quality of reception. are you receiving your channels in High Definition?

well the reception is fine on the TV.. Its not High Defination its normal TV cable wala yaar :)

get an internal card... i have a msi tv tuner worth 2500rs..bought it a year ago... and the quality is great...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

And the quality on PixelView Play TV is just as good as that on a normal TV?

I can save up for it but i want good quality.

[/quote]

ok now when you mean quality i will assume you are referring to output of games such as playstation 2 on your CRT or LCD etc , for that buy the Pixelview playtvbox 6 it has a high refresh rate and it is external, internal cards are good if you want to record videos but i am sure the external one can do that too besides it is specially made for gaming purpose… if you just want to watch tv then just buy a dany tv device it will suffice.

Nah i dont want to connect consoles, Ive already got it connected my PS3 to the DVI port of the LCD. I only need to connect the Cable TV to my computer. I have a dany device but the output on it is pretty bad.

get an internal card… i have a msi tv tuner worth 2500rs…bought it a year ago… and the quality is great…
[/quote]

Few years back, I had used MSI TV@nywhere card. It had good video quality, especially with MPEG2 (DVD size video). Hand remote was small and was not possible to configure it to use it with other applications.

I am using Pinnacle usb device and the quality is pretty good.
[/quote]

I bought this device for Rs 7000 approx and since I use IPTV the quality is pretty good. If you want, I can send you a sample.

I bought this device for Rs 7000 approx and since I use IPTV the quality is pretty good. If you want, I can send you a sample.

[/quote]

What is the Model No or Name of your Pinnacle Device ?

and can you capture in DIVX directly ?

i am using a pixelview tv pro 3,,

it works fine and captures in divx,,

the only problem is searching for tv channels because it tends to search them but not store them in its own software,,so i have to manually adjust the channels..which is a pain

otherwise its a ok card,, available for 1500 rs at galaxy (with remote)

What is the Model No or Name of your Pinnacle Device ?

and can you capture in DIVX directly ?

[/quote]

You can see more about this device at

PCTV Analog USB

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog+PVR+(cable_antenna)/PCTV+Analog+USB.htm

Recording Format is MPEG-1, DivX™

hello all,

i want to buy pixelview tv box. can any body guide me from where i can buy this product. Thanks.

regards,

Farooq

I am using PixelView and satisfy with that,there is little prb with it that searching as jack mention in his post,and other is that it has two different cetagaries for searching like Cable and T.V (cant see combine VHF and UHF channels ) but i think there another Topic already exist for same reason.