TV tuner Card Video/Audio compression codec advice needed

am using Pixelview Play tv tuner card,using ChrisTv if i record without any compression codec then its eating up nearly 100 mb per minute of video , i have tried using different codecs but still no luck in reducing the file size, am not looking for high quality video playback, youtube type quality would be just fine,i just want the file size to be small something around 2mb per min would be fine

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

am using Pixelview Play tv tuner card,using ChrisTv if i record without any compression codec then its eating up nearly 100 mb per minute of video , i have tried using different codecs but still no luck in reducing the file size, am not looking for high quality video playback, youtube type quality would be just fine,i just want the file size to be small something around 2mb per min would be fine
[/quote]

u can use somethin like divx or xvid their quality is great even better than youtube

i have used xvid but the audio doesn't synchronize with the video, audio is played faster and isn't synchronized which audio codec should i use

i have used xvid but the audio doesn’t synchronize with the video, audio is played faster and isn’t synchronized which audio codec should i use
[/quote]

what encoder app u use

for audio i use AAC

otherwise if the video needs to be played on a linux machine i use the video codec Theora and its accomping audio codec vorbis

coz the quality of both these is better than any other codec to me

others may have diffrent opinoins

yar just use Nero Vision Express its the best for video caprturing.......... plusit supports all kindacodecs so you can choose which 1 to use........ i personally use a pixel view tv card and use nero vision express as the recorded

Use H.264 codec. Reduce the quality settings and you will be good to go.

Use H.264 codec. Reduce the quality settings and you will be good to go.
[/quote]

but it wil take a long time to encode with H.264 compared with other formats

^ Yeah, but the size is quite small. The OP would need a powerful processor, preferably a dual or quad core and the encoder should be capable of using all those cores.

can we use h.264 thorough kazaa lite codecs?

H.264 gives file with .mp4 format. Any decent player should be able to play it.

H.264 gives file with .mp4 format. Any decent player should be able to play it.
[/quote]

not nessecarly H.264 can also be contained in an .mov or .mkv conatainer

how to install H.264 codec? any link to its encoder?

this one?

http://x264.nl/