Tv Remote question

Salams everyone,

My Nobel plasma tv remote got busted. Gave it to Nobel to repair, the problem persists. It works only half the time. The Nobel people replaced the signal sending glass thingy on the remote but that didn't work.

Nobel does not have any new remotes and the several universal remotes I've tried don't work on Nobel. Any suggestions ?? I remember when I was younger a friend used to have a watch which he would point whatever remote and the watch would pick up the remote frequency and he was able to control stuff using his watch. Is that kinda stuff still available and in a remote ??

yea such watches are stil available

i hav seen them recently

hope that watch works but i think cotroling ur tv with a watch seems real anoying cuz that watch has tiny butons on it

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Salams everyone,

My Nobel plasma tv remote got busted. Gave it to Nobel to repair, the problem persists. It works only half the time. The Nobel people replaced the signal sending glass thingy on the remote but that didn’t work.

Nobel does not have any new remotes and the several universal remotes I’ve tried don’t work on Nobel. Any suggestions ?? I remember when I was younger a friend used to have a watch which he would point whatever remote and the watch would pick up the remote frequency and he was able to control stuff using his watch. Is that kinda stuff still available and in a remote ??

[/quote]

i think thats what a universal remote does, picking up signals frpm a remote then reproducing them, afaik those watches performed only some of the common functions and never could pick signals then reproduce them.

I had one casio remote watch myself

I tried two Universal remotes, they have about five hundred preprogrammed settings, you can only use those. It doesn't pick up the freq like those watches used to do.

Can you get a remote made somewhere in Lahore ?

Ok, here is a really easy solution. Buy a LEARNING programmable remote (Logitech Harmony units are an example of it), walk over to your local Nobel dealer, "teach" your remote all of the new commands, walk out and enjoy your new-nobel-compatible awesome universal remote =)

there are symbian applications available for this ui am using it but it doesn't have settings for a nobel tv

i have a nobel tv as well and its remote is giving me probelms too>>i am not worried though because 2nd hand and new nobel remotes are available in saddar>>