Turning off HDD

If i set my computer to turn down the hard drive after lets say 1 hour of inactivity. will my downloads be interrupted by this or it wont turn it off as there is constant read write operations going on?

well, if files are being downloaded, i dont think the OS will turn off your HDDs

why dont you give it a try?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

If i set my computer to turn down the hard drive after lets say 1 hour of inactivity. will my downloads be interrupted by this or it wont turn it off as there is constant read write operations going on?
[/quote]

If you have plenty of RAM then Windows will shut down your harddisk (if harddisk is not mark as dirty or need to write down buffer). When harddisk is shutdown, Windows will use buffer in RAM. It means Windows will download file to RAM and when buffer is full or need to read new data (that is not yet cached in RAM) Windows will spin-up your harddisk again.

However, please note that if you cut electricity (i.e. load shading) then everything in RAM will be lost.

That’s my experience. :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

yeah the downloads will be interrupted

i have tried this thing