Turn off interleaving for better latency?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@Specter that Faisal.Qureshi is PERFECT in telling you this

i maself is with him. Changing the DSL MOD changes the Latency MOD :P

Go a head try it

You will get FAST LATENCY at ADSL2+ MOD

Knowledge is a blessing :cool:

[/quote]

x2…and i get lower pings on G.dmt :)

ADSL + Annex M -> best pings.

Make sure you are using a broadcom based xdsl chipset.

hey i have two 1 and 4 Mbps connection...on my old line wen i change the mode from g.dmt to ADSL2+ the latency changes to FAST....but it doesnt work with my new 4MBPS line!...both are copper btw!

^ i think it depends on exchange, so you need to have fast type there

@koder how you doin DUDE..???

Long time no see

email feature got fixed here man :P

As far as PeeTCL CSR's are concerned they are just like a #$%# ov PeeTCL. Forget about 'em :cool:

^ You got it all wrong. We’re talking about latency mode here (interleave or fast, which can only be changed in exchange) not the ADSL mode, which can certainly be changed in modem.
[/quote]

I was just telling how to change between the line mode from modem… :expressionless:

But assuming if ur right than how come latency type changes between FAST and INTERLEAVED upon changing from ADSL to G.DMT…?

Shouldn’t it remain whatever is been set at the back end…?

OR are you talking about something which is entirely a different thing…?

There never was a way to do it in the first place. So don’t worry, you didn’t forget. :D

Anyways, it’s not really about ADSL 2+ vs G.dmt.

[/quote]

Yea… in other words achieving 24mbps vs. 8mbps

BUT there’s way ;)

ADSL2+ MOD got better latecy than G.dmt? Why these CSR always tell us to use G.dmt when ADSL2+ got better pings ? The main thing is Line attenuation…noise margin is just a drama.Everything is totally dependent on line attenuation.I got superb atten of 60 :D

[/quote]

Cause its bit more stable.

^ Yeah ..I often face connectivity problems.Anyhow am living with it until something good happens but I highly doubt that.I was laughing that day when they added that new package of 8Mbps :| Its the time to improve the poor media.

@koder how you doin DUDE…???

Long time no see

email feature got fixed here man :P

As far as PeeTCL CSR’s are concerned they are just like a #$%# ov PeeTCL. Forget about 'em :cool:

[/quote]

Fine dude.Give them my line attenuation of 60 they gonna abuse ptcl more than me.

well that may very well be the case...

@koder to whom..???

anyone help me to know how i can get this latency type mode changed? Which is best for this to get done should i contact to PTCL helpline or call to my lineman???

anyone help me to know how i can get this latency type mode changed? Which is best for this to get done should i contact to PTCL helpline or call to my lineman???
[/quote]

I got it changed on my MBL DSL after a simple ticket. However, incompetent schmucks of PTCL generally have no idea. You will have to get to a network guy who has the knowledge and ability to alter profiles from the back-end or DSLAM to enable the mode.

Good luck though