Treadmill and weights?

Not sure in which section to put this.

Im looking for an electronic treadmill and basic weights for some simple exercises at home.. I was wondering how much would it cost me? Are there any websites on which i can see prices for these 2 items?

P.S i live in karachi !

Selling a manual treadmill, if u are interested.

btw join a gym i guess, it's worth it. Instead of spending a fortune on equipment.

Do you need it for yourself or your family?

If Family, then its fine to buy it otherwise if you are gettin it for yerself then I would suggest you buy weights only FIRST..just to see if you will use it or not

I have an electronic treadmill and some weights. I bought the treadmill from metro islamabad for Rs. 25,000/- about two years ago and chrome weights cost me around Rs. 5,000/- 10 Kg with small chrome rods. Both things are working fine till now, no issues.

My Karachi friends prefer http://www.bilalbrothers.net/ over local market for some reason. Give them a try. I have personally, in Rawalpindi, only bought from the local market though.

There are many treadmills available but you don't have to go for the one with most fancy LCD features. Basic treadmill that has incline/decline and the motor can support your weight is all you'll need.

For weights, get yourself a proper weight lifting program. Start with very less weight to see what you can handle before you go ahead and buy them. You will definitely need a bench too (for bench press).

--

Yup, The treadmill is for family.. Weights are for me ! :P.

Not really interested in body building though, Just getting a little fat, Would like to lose some weight, Heh.

And yeah, I guess just a simple electronic treadmill would do. I have used the manual treadmill and it pretty much sucks !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yup, The treadmill is for family… Weights are for me ! :P.

Not really interested in body building though, Just getting a little fat, Would like to lose some weight, Heh.

And yeah, I guess just a simple electronic treadmill would do. I have used the manual treadmill and it pretty much sucks !

[/quote]

Would you explain a bit how a manual treadmill sucks?

Actually I was planning on getting a manual treadmill of some good brand; if it not worth then I will probably drop the idea

Actually u have to work hard in the manual treadmill. Which on one hand is good, cuz tht's wat excercise is ment to be.

In the automatic one, you have to go with the pace of the moving belt. Which some people say is not healthy in the longterm.

The thing with treadmills is that the cheaper ones have

certain limitations. Like, they can only be operated for

30-45 minutes intervals and need to be rested (the motor

conks out), you can only walk and not run on them, you

can't exceed a certain amount of weight, etc. If you

throw caution to the wind, the repairman will become

your best friend.

The salesmen at the time of purchase, are shy about

telling these things. Even when you confront them with

these facts, they act like it's the first they are hearing

of it.

There are some Korean models available at Bilal Bros.

which are decent middle-tier machines, adequate for

normal family use. A year ago, they were around 64K

and over. Right now, with the Dengue virus all around

us, it makes sense to invest in a reliable treadmill.

You can get weights from Lighthouse, Saddar. The Sind

Sports shop in Saddar used to have some, but now they

stopped carrying them. Just make sure the dumbbells and

weight bars have independently moving weight rests (ie;

the part where the weight is put on, should move freely

w.r.t the rod where you grip it). If not, every movement

will shock and put strain on your joints and muscles, lead-

ing to injury. And lastly, if you plan on lifting any weight

above waistline, make sure you have a weight belt tied

firmly around you. It will protect your back and muscles

in front that hold your intestines in place (hernia).

Sheikh 'Aadi Pehalwan' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Would you explain a bit how a manual treadmill sucks?

Actually I was planning on getting a manual treadmill of some good brand; if it not worth then I will probably drop the idea

[/quote]

It just doesnt feel good, Doesnt feel like running, Feels like just forcing the rollers with your feet. Plus it makes alot of noise as well.

Hi All,

I am happy to introduce ourself as a leading fitness retailer in Pakistan. We have a big showroom in Islamabad but also ship across Pakistan. Our website has a full range of equipments. Please visit our website at http://www.vipfitness.com.pk/

Please feel free to write us an email if you have question. Please rest assured you can contact us for honest professional advise.

faraz@vipfitness.com.pk

Regards

Faraz

^ Faraz, where are the prices?

Zazzyo,

At this time our online catalogue contains commercial equipments, soon we will add home use machines.

If you are in Islamabad/Rawalpindi, you can visit our showroom. Alternatively, please provide me more information so that I can recommend you suitable set of equipments. Information that can help us understand your requirements can be.

1. How many people going to use the machine?

2. What is the age group of users?

3. What is the fitness goal of the end users. (weight loss, cardio exercise or just to improve the fitness level)

4. For treadmill, do you like the one with automatic incline?

Thank you for your enquiry.

Faraz