Transformer of 5000 watt?

want to know that do you have n idea from where to make a 5000 watt transformer for UPS ?

i m based in karachi

consult some electrical engineer

What voltage and current on the primary and secondary coils? Also, how many phases?

single phase , 220 - 240 volts out put required

Input voltage?

12 volts (from battery)

It won't be easily available pre-made. You might need to make/wind it yourself.

Is 5000W the input or the output power?

off-topic

asad are you an electrical engineer ? Im sure you are doing some kinda engineering...which engineering are you doing and from where ?

@ asad , input cant be measured in the watts dear , need 5000W output , input volts DC 12 volts which will cross through a sign wave oscillator@ 50 Hz and then feed to the primary winding of the transformer and then where it will b step up bcz of the excessive sec winding ratio and thus we will get the A/C output.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ asad , input cant be measured in the watts dear , need 5000W output , input volts DC 12 volts which will cross through a sign wave oscillator@ 50 Hz and then feed to the primary winding of the transformer and then where it will b step up bcz of the excessive sec winding ratio and thus we will get the A/C output.
[/quote]

It’s a high power transformer so it might be for specialized applications having input power constraints… That is why I asked since there is a certain efficiency for transformer.

Even at 80% efficiency, a 5000W output power will result in input power requirement of 6250W, theoretically. Practical considerations might cause an increase in that. You will have excessively high current in on the primary coil because of such high wattage…

off-topic

asad are you an electrical engineer ? Im sure you are doing some kinda engineering…which engineering are you doing and from where ?

[/quote]

I did Communication and Information Systems Engineering from NUST.

This method to generate 220VAC would result in excessive losses and would result in a very inefficient system.

Why not use a 7-7.5KVA (~5000W) UPS/inverter instead?

7.5 kva inverter is available ??

7.5 kva inverter is available ??
[/quote]

Not in the usual market…

Even higher capacity UPS/Inverters are available. If you are interested, I can inquire about prices from some contacts but keep in mind that it won’t be cheap. If you are interested, do mention if you want sine wave, modified sine wave (step-sine) or square wave.

Alternatively, why don’t you look at 7-7.5KVA generators instead of a UPS? It would be cheaper but with the normal maintenance and fuel costs.

dear i have a wind turbine installed on my rooftop and it generates ample amount of DC so it cud b used to charge the batteries and then later on can b used. so i m in searching of the hi- output inverter.

120 KVA diesel genset is installed at the premises already .

How much current is the wind turbine generating and at what nominal voltage? It's hard to believe a single turbine generating enough power but then I am not too familiar with the specs of common wind turbines so meh....

Which output type (sine/step-sine/square) inverter should I inquire about?

its a square wave output plus the gearing system in it, current limits are from 10amps to 30 amps (depending upon the speed of wind) on 12.5 to 16.5 volts DC . its a VAWT.

I have got a basic estimate for full sine wave inverters. Cheaper 5KW inverters come for around US$2-2.5K. More expensive 5-7KW inverters come for around US$5.5-6K (single phase and three phase). However, the input voltage they require is usually high (up to 110VDC). That means around 10-12 12VDC batteries of high amperage connected in series. It is quite a high expense and I don't think a single wind turbine can charge the required number of batteries adequately anyway.

yes i know the commercial made inverters (imported ones) are so expensive thts y i was looking for the transformer only as rest of the things i can easily make for the input , and i also have a bigger DC dynamo whose out put is 50 to 60 amps DC @ 350 Rpm only ! it could b modified thru gearing system and cud b install in the place of the existing motor . well any how thanks for the reply.