Transferring credits to Canadian university

@sah

A sideline question:

Is it possible to transfer credit hours (BSIT degree) from a Pakistani universiy to a university/college in Toronto?

And which student program can give a longer visa after a 2 year BSC?

I created a new topic for you...

Which and how many credits can be transferred is very specific to the university. The short answer is yes it is possible, but you will have to contact the university you are interested in to see what they will allow you to transfer.

I'm not sure I understand your visa question so here are all the details:-

Visa: You need a visa to enter Canada. A couple years ago Canada changed its policy so now Pakistani students only get 1 yr, single entry visas, which have to be renewed every year. You can confirm that with the Canadian embassy.

Permit: To stay in Canada, you need a permit (a study or work permit). You will be issued a study permit till the end date of your university program. So you can stay in Canada for the duration of your study permit even after your visa expires. If you plan to leave Canada and re-enter the country, you will need to apply for a new visa.

After you graduate, you are eligible for a post-graduation work permit which lasts up to 3 yrs. The duration of this permit depends on the duration of your study program. You can find the details here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Hopefully that answers your question...

@Sah

You from waterloo and saying this ?

Who says 1 year visa and single entry visa ?

I am on multiple Visa and more than year visa.

^ Yes I'm from Waterloo. But when did you get your visa? This change is relatively recent (made 2 years ago) and as far as I know, still holds true:

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:59:09 -0500

Sender: "[CBIE SACE]"

Subject: Single entry visas only for Pakistan

You may want to advise your Pakistani students that their country is

now in the waiting period/single entry only countries list:

Starting this week citizens of Pakistan will receive a single entry

visa ONLY when applying for TRV. These will be valid for a maximum

of one year. Citizens of those countries listed are subject to a

mandatory wait period of 10 working days. They should plan

accordingly when thinking on travelling home

Here is the excerpt from the Canadian Consulate website:

SINGLE ENTRY VISAS

Nationals and residents of the following countries are eligible for

single entry visas only:

Afghanistan, Bosnia, Croatia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya,

Macedonia, Montenegro, Pakistan, Palestine passport or travel

document holders,Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sudan, Syria

Do not submit processing fees for multiple-entry visas. No refunds

of the difference between single entry and multiple entry fees will

be issued.

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/rightnav/temporary_resident_visas_-en.asp

That link doesn't seem to be valid any more, but I'm sure you can find the required info if you google it. Try this:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/faq.aspx

If you already have a multiple-entry, multiple year visa, then it won't affect you. But if you renew your visa after it expires, then you'll only get a single entry visa valid for one year assuming the above information is still applicable.

On the other hand if you have more up-to-date info on this then please correct me.

I got it in August 2010. I go to Uottawa. My all friends got multiple

^ Maybe the Canadians realized we aren't terrorists. I stand corrected! :)

EDIT: I believe Canada is still best for eduction and secondly Australia is good choice too, given USA and England is getting next to impossible to get Student VISA for majority of Pakistani students.

As I am seeing lots of threads even in WP that students heading to universities for mediocre education in Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia etc, for these students my suggestion would be stay in Pakistan and try to get in some top university here rather than for them to head to some other third world country for kind of education which they can get right here in Pakistan.

I believe we should stick to topic. I have no problem so ever though ABDUL is used as my name !

We have started to this Islamophobia ourself. Anyways, Forget about it !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

EDIT: As I am seeing lots of threads even in WP that students heading to universities for mediocre education in Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia etc, for these students my suggestion would be stay in Pakistan and try to get in some top university here rather than for them to head to some other third world country for kind of education which they can get right here in Pakistan.
[/quote]

And what about the number of seats and merit?

If someone face merit problem and he couldn’t get into these top ones in PK, what should he do?

Only cream has the right to live happily?

Well, Education has nothing to do with happiness !