Transferring Car to your name

Can any one tell me what documents you need (from the person you plan to buy the car) to get the car transferred to your name. I am not asking about the forms you will have to fill when you go to the office but what you need to get from the previous owner. Of course the registration book and possibly copy of his ID card is needed. Is there any other document? Is there any other document you should ask before buying the car?

[quote=“MAB, post:, topic:”]

Can any one tell me what documents you need (from the person you plan to buy the car) to get the car transferred to your name. I am not asking about the forms you will have to fill when you go to the office but what you need to get from the previous owner. Of course the registration book and possibly copy of his ID card is needed. Is there any other document? Is there any other document you should ask before buying the car?

[/quote]

Nope. Just make sure original registration certificate/book has been transferred to your name mentioning your details on it. Taking photocopy of ID card is good. Make sure you check engine number and chassis number and match it with the figure quoted on registration certificate.