Traffic Shaping ISPs

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The following is a list of Internet service providers (ISPs) that are known to cause trouble for BitTorrent clients or other P2P clients and the reason why.
[/quote]

Here’s a list of Bad ISPs maintained by Azureus Wiki. In Pakistan, only Nexlinx seems to be shaping BitTorrent traffic. But who knows who else is doing it too?

Do we have any suspects?

Yep.. Its Connect Communications! They've limited the torrents downloading speed to 40kB/s. But the good thing is that, they give equal amount of upload as well.. So its not really difficult maintaining ratios on private trackers

no offence but this list isn't accurate and no company till date is shaping traffic over here in pakistan but there are some speculation which aren't confirmed yet

no offence but this list isn’t accurate and no company till date is shaping traffic over here in pakistan but there are some speculation which aren’t confirmed yet
[/quote]

It’s bound to be inaccurate because its only editable by Azureus OPs and isn’t freely editable. But its still a list! :D

And as for shaping here, no one will admit to doing it, right? It’s speculation that leads to discovery.

thats it i m in fornt of ur home and i m gona burn u lke those ppl burned those robbers

How do they limit the downloading and uploading speed?Through some kind of software?

^

same question here...

How do they limit just bitorent trafic..

How do they recognise a trafic as bittorent it could be a p2p webcam or remote asistant or gaming or else

^

same question here…

How do they limit just bitorent trafic…

How do they recognise a trafic as bittorent it could be a p2p webcam or remote asistant or gaming or else

[/quote]

each bittorrent connection has a tag which recognises it as Bittorrent traffic

so they can slow it down

now this is bulshit

i think that there should be some new advancement in bt clients by whch the bt trafic iz not recogniseable

well hope tht ptcl wil nvr put off bittorent trafic

and hey isnt keeping bittorent maal a crime

so y doesnt police in usa catch people using bitorent by tracing their ip...

now this is bulshit

i think that there should be some new advancement in bt clients by whch the bt trafic iz not recogniseable

well hope tht ptcl wil nvr put off bittorent trafic

and hey isnt keeping bittorent maal a crime

so y doesnt police in usa catch people using bitorent by tracing their ip…

[/quote]

ppl do get caught by the MPAA and RIAA and get sued to hell

the new bittorrent encrytion is workin to do that same thing

if it works bittorrent wil be virtualy undetectable

Schemes for detecting encrypted BT connections are being developed too But some ISPs even go to the extent of throttling all encrypted connections. But we don't need to worry much as our ISPs are not that sharp on implementing new strategies to combat anything.

well it is done like this you start downloading for 10 sec you will get good then the speed will down to 0 then it will up then come down to zero

ya they are developing new techniques to counter throttling

Is there any way that ISP isn't able to cap the speed of torrents? & the torrent user sucks the bandwidth like honeybee sucks honey in full mod.

Is there any way that ISP isn’t able to cap the speed of torrents? & the torrent user sucks the bandwidth like honeybee sucks honey in full mod.
[/quote]

they suck bandwidth but not all the the bandwidth of the ISP only the bandwidth that is dedicated to them and its their right to do so

if you cant them do that don’t give out such heavy bandwidth connections means apni aukaad main raho

for more info about the new encryption technique see this article:

http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-devs-introduce-comcast-busting-encryption-080215/

Try this test to see if bittorrent is being throttled if you can ever get a slot on the servers! There's some "how does it work" information on their site too if I'm not mistaken. :)

I've been trying for a week but have never found a free slot... Maybe you guy's will have some luck!

well if someone has bought a 1 mbps connection, then he should be allowed to do anything with this amount of Bandwidth. Why the hell ISPs are throttling usage of Bittorrent?

Does that mean ISP want users to not consume more than 30 or 40% of their allowed bandwidth ?

well if someone has bought a 1 mbps connection, then he should be allowed to do anything with this amount of Bandwidth. Why the hell ISPs are throttling usage of Bittorrent?

Does that mean ISP want users to not consume more than 30 or 40% of their allowed bandwidth ?

[/quote]

actuallly they are stoping piracy which is the worst nightmare of all tech related industries

like movies,games,softwares etc

actuallly they are stoping piracy which is the worst nightmare of all tech related industries

like movies,games,softwares etc

[/quote]

no they aren’t they say that consumers abuse the services, people in other countries download in GBs

Yeah Bell Canada and Rogers in Canada shapes the bitorrent traffic and they have also imposed 100gb per month download limit even on 10MB Package so i guess we are lucky!