TP Link is a piece of s***!

I have to constantly restart it in order for the internet to work. If i leave my laptop idol for a long time( hibernate or sleep) i have to turn off the router and back on for the internet to work. I know its 2500rs but this is too much

My desktops attached and WiFi laptop to TP-Link works great. Desktops are programmed to hibernate after 5 minutes of idle and they are forcefully hibernated (by using a custom software) just before load-shedding. Whenever, I resume any desktop either on console or from remote from hibernation then they work correctly as they are suppose to do.

I never have to restart or turn-off router except in load-shedding.

I know that TP-Link is no match for D-Link (I have used both) but TP-Link survive and do basic things.

I have a suggestion for you. Increase the lease-time of IP addresses for LAN (under DHCP) to at least 15 days or so. Default time is around 2 hours.

the thing is that before i have to restart it, i cant even access its setup. what does that mean? i enter 192.168.2.1 but nothing happens. after restarting it opens

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the thing is that before i have to restart it, i cant even access its setup. what does that mean? i enter 192.168.2.1 but nothing happens. after restarting it opens
[/quote]

This is strange. I never encountered it. But why you want to access TP-Link interface every-time when your computer wakes from sleep/hibernation?

lol even my linksys n-station used to do that sometimes which cost me over 17,000/-

it has something to-do with settings, network-layout etc.. Not the device-hardware or price exactly

Your Network Configuration must be going wrong. I have that same problem. After configured it is working properly.

Use LAN port for DSL- Router connection. Dont use WAN. Make proper IP setting DSL(192.168.1.1) & Router(192.168.1.2).

Enable only one DHCP. I have enabled DSL DHCP only.Disable Routers one if on.

I have not changed any lease time its 24hours by default too much.

No problem with TP-Link. Which model ur using.

I have TP link and I prefer it far more then some D-links I have seen and WAY MORE then the crap PTCL hands out.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have TP link and I prefer it far more then some D-links I have seen and WAY MORE then the crap PTCL hands out.
[/quote]

I have ZTE 831 series dsl modem from ptcl and Its more than enough . Its super and works great and has not givenme any isue since 2 years.

I use it with TP link now , tplink LAN port , for some reason WAN port is not working but its no issue.

I can now control wireless la traffic and mac filtering via TPLINK and zte modem can take care of DHCP issues .

its working great togather … no issues once you know how to do networking .

If you do tukka bazi then you get i trouble , thats what most of the newbies here are doing !!!

Keep zte adsl modem and TPlink Lan subnet same … 255.255.0.0 in my case , that will allow you excess both devices from IE8.

I have router experience having owned a belkin prior.

No offence, but the ZTE is absolute garbage and so is shiro. Ive exchanged the zte several times. Voltage fluctuations messing the router, router getting stuck while loading (after a restart), random disconnects and most importantly, the zte modem cannot handle alot of connections.

I could not handle torrents on my zte connection without it going nuts. My TPlink however handles it perfectly as it is a modem/router combo dealing with all issues itself.

There Is an issue I face with it however, and that is that the pakistani heat is too much for it :P I have had my TP link over heat twice now.