--

--

not all people :lol: only their students/شگیرد call them ustad and that because they are teacher for them and teacher in urdu is استاد

(drivers mechanics school teachers and anyone who got higher/special skills they referred as USTAD G)

--

^ than those people are stupid or you can say lack of knowledge/illiteracy or maybe its fault of our Urdu language cuz it didn't have any proper word for English word driver

Driver = گاڑی چلانے والا WTF

its a common slang,,,,actually ppl here, specially in Lahore always have this mocking tone ..so i guess this might be one of the reasons behind....

Failed teachers turned drivers may be....

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

استاد = doctor (in english)

Its common among us to give people respect by calling them with suitable titles like Ustaad Jee , Boss , Maa Jee, Bao!

"Ustad" can also be used for people other than Teachers to signify a particular skill of them. For eg you can say "Meri ammi khane pakane ki ustaad hain" which means "My mother is an expert in cooking" not "My mother is a teacher of cooking". similarly a Driver is a person who is skillful in driving buses so we say "XYZ bus chalane mai ustad hai" yani maharat rakhta hai.

I think this Ustad word drives from there, short title for "Bus chalane ka ustaad"

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

(anyone who got higher/special skills they referred as USTAD G)
[/quote]

it wasn’t much different than his post

--

actually the bus driver is the only specie which knows the roads no better then other...he has the awesome(be it violation of traffic laws) grip on stirring in his territory, hence the term "Ustad" was coined for such a specie due to his driving ability.

--

^ :|

see i posted it right...refer to post 15

--

waiting!!!...man there should be monthly or fortnightly quiz on WP regarding different stuff like one above and as a reward flash drives should be handed over....