Tools to remove bad sectors from hdd

dicsuss here all thing or softwares which can remove bad sectors

try this..... if u have little bad sectors....

http://itsmytechblog.info/2008/12/how-to-removerepair-bad-sectors-from-your-hard-disk/

@ Asmar

There is nothing to discuss. Bad sectors are physical damage to hard drive. You can't correct them. Replace your hard disk with new one.

@ wampyr

Dont' misguide someone untill you're sure about your saying. Bad sectors are not actually always of physical type. also sometimes viruses and other attacks effect our hd's file system or structure. we can revive from such situation after using some sort of bad sector removing software.

For example: DM, or Hdd regenerator

download hdd regenerator from here

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HDD-Regenerator.shtml

Bad sector removers are the softwares which also revive from physical probematic hd. as they mark the bad sectors as bad so operating system don't check for those. only your hard disk will suffer from storage. means its capacity will decrease a bit.

Always backup in such cases

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ wampyr

Dont’ misguide someone untill you’re sure about your saying. Bad sectors are not actually always of physical type. also sometimes viruses and other attacks effect our hd’s file system or structure. we can revive from such situation after using some sort of bad sector removing software.

For example: DM, or Hdd regenerator

download hdd regenerator from here

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HDD-Regenerator.shtml

Bad sector removers are the softwares which also revive from physical probematic hd. as they mark the bad sectors as bad so operating system don’t check for those. only your hard disk will suffer from storage. means its capacity will decrease a bit.

Always backup in such cases

[/quote]

Wampyr is right. Bad sectors are a sure sign that the hard disk is failing.

of course they are the definite sign. i didn't deny those words but i'm saying that still we can give some life to our hard disk to take backup and use it until we're safe as bad sectors once marked as bad by some program will not be read by OS in future. so no way of crashing by those.

Bad sectors are like magical gnomes. When one pop-up so does others near him. Soon they are so many that you wonder "what the heck went wrong?".

It's my personal experience. Bad sectors are bad. Since DOS, Windows 9x and Windows NT, ScanDisk and ChkDsk has option to scan for and try to recover data and test whether they are really bad or not.

ChkDsk has command line option /R to "Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information".

Even Windows ChkDsk GUI has option for recovery of bad sectors.

Don't wait till your harddisk is totally dead. I have even tried that by thinking let it go it's just bad sectors but the whole harddisk suddenly got dead and I was making my assignment of college at night. From that day, I change my harddisk from first appearance of bad sector.

Get new harddisk.

i would advise all you to regulary

check the S.M.A.R.T. status

it says every thing and report accurately when u need to change your hard

as i have an experience of loosing a hard after the smart declared it to be 0% healthy but showed 85% fitness and it was really good at speed of those sectors which were good and i even used it for 3 months after the smart showed 0% health and a few days ago ultimately it died.........