To buy a gaming PC or get a xbox 360

Well many guys keep asking me which PC parts to buy for their gaming PCs, and I keep asking them which games to play. Now most of them dont play RTS nor online games, so I wonder why upgrade a PC for Rs20K+ when they could just buy a 360 which has a better gaming library, and can be connected to LCDs (with HDMI) and TVs.

Whats your say on this?

Note:Plz dont make a PC Vs consoles comment, as we are considering main stream gamers, which play only, Action (Splinter Cell, PoP), racing (NFS) and FIFA type games.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

why upgrade a PC for Rs20K+ when they could just buy a 360 which has a better gaming library, and can be connected to LCDs (with HDMI) and TVs.
[/quote]

Agreed!

Thats what i think about it.

Because some people like PC better.

But yeah, for FIFA n00bs a console will do just fine.

I would also recommend a xbox 360. You can take it with you when you travel and you don't have to bother with installing games. It also has a better resale value then your fancy graphics card which will be replaced by something new in a couple of months time.

^The Mid-high end GPUs (Rs.15K-18K) can be used for 3 years, and the games that you install can stay on your HDD as long as you like where as with the 360 you have to continuously take care of your DVD9s.

but main stream gamers play few games and they play few types of games so its not an issue for them if their DVD9s get busted after a month.

HArdcore gamers are always in love with PCs, like me! :P

In the gaming world everyone will consider PC the most reliable source for gaming.

If you say gpu's are problem ,I have a mid-high end graphics card it supports now on shaderversion 4.0 due to update ccc. But whne it was released it supported 3.0, most concern of gamers on PC are with Shaders etc. Deffury has the point most people download their game and play( thanks to torrents). For those on xbox they always have to be carefull for their disks. And one thing more about those disks they are still expensive in PAkistan, most people don't like to spend!

^hardcore gamers will try buy both PC and consoles and will play games of all genres (even doujin games :P )

But they are slightly more tended towards PCs though!

Maybe they like keyboard+mouse over controller...

Maybe they want to play with the best graphics available...

Maybe they use their PC for other stuff and want to kill two birds with one stone...

Maybe they are noobs and want to use trainers/cheats to finish games...

Console are for gaming only maybe they are too shy to admit they buying something that is just good for playing games...

Maybe they want something with a warranty in case of failure...

Maybe they just grew up playing on the PC and just don't see themselves playing on a console...

Maybe they read this article http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/are-pc-gamers-better-than-console-players/3386 and would rather be part of the 'master race' ;)

^ I think firestorm summed it up fairly well. However, at the end of the day, I wonder why you are even asking this question?

Its really a matter of personal preference and you seem to be looking for someone who would convince you to buy an Xbox! This debate is endless and largely pointless.

If the XBox 360 is something that you find to be an attractive buy, then go for it! Given the number of games out there for consoles, it will keep you happy for a while at least. You'll also figure out if you prefer a console to a PC or vice versa (for whatever reason). And PC's and PC gaming aren't going anywhere, so if consoles don't float your boat, you can upgrade your PC later on!

Lifes too short buddy. Don't waste it measuring and weighing each and every minute decision! :)

@Ahmsun: Disks cost rs.200!

^I heard they cost Rs.120, don't know for sure.

@Ahmsun: You don't need to be very careful with the disks as they can be installed on its hard drive or an external flash drive through Xbox. It'll still require the disk to be inserted to run the game the data from flash/hard drive is used, so they don't get scratched or damaged that easily.

But they are slightly more tended towards PCs though!
[/quote]

Dont push it bro!!! :P

BTW there are two types of Blank DVD9s

Cheap ones which scratch easily Rs60-70

Expensive with some resistance Rs110-120

^ I think firestorm summed it up fairly well. However, at the end of the day, I wonder why you are even asking this question?

Its really a matter of personal preference and you seem to be looking for someone who would convince you to buy an Xbox! This debate is endless and largely pointless.

[/quote]

Are we really going to discuss the semantics of the discussion??

Its a forum, and someone online might have a confusion regarding this issue, so I/us am giving an answer here with all the pros and cons. Situation such as this can also change in time so please dont consider closing this…pretty please!!

Maybe they like keyboard+mouse over controller…

Maybe they want to play with the best graphics available…

Maybe they use their PC for other stuff and want to kill two birds with one stone…

Maybe they are noobs and want to use trainers/cheats to finish games…

Console are for gaming only maybe they are too shy to admit they buying something that is just good for playing games…

Maybe they want something with a warranty in case of failure…

Maybe they just grew up playing on the PC and just don’t see themselves playing on a console…

Maybe they read this article http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/are-pc-gamers-better-than-console-players/3386 and would rather be part of the ‘master race’ ;)

[/quote]

Too many maybes,

talking like babies,

giving me rabies,

ur killin me baby

We are discussing mainstream gamers who have played consoles at some point in time, but havent played enough genres or games to claim the title of a hardcore gamer. But besides that the point regarding warranty is truly one of the reasons they buy PC.

I think there should be all aspects to be considered if you want to compare two things in detail and not only in some of the aspects..

So for that...

Did you hear some thing like.... following ...?

"Hey! you got XBox wow...... I got PS2 last year but now it's PS3 out there very new I am gonna buy it today or tomorrow..." like show-off?

I also would say that firestorm really did differentiate with the factors which are good with respect to both of the parties... but in addition I think..... A console also gives a different look to your lounge or your room, where it stays...

If you remember I once asked for recommendation of PC for my younger bro... On his request specially for gaming purposes, what ever games he plays on his PC now...... he has been playing on PS2 previously and he didn't ask for PS3 but rather for the new PC.... Probably you guys would describe this fact more properly....

But I still like the consoles over PC for gaming. It's just a preference when you like some thing over some other thing, I think.... and some times you like some thing even without any reason...

Consoles for noobs. No question about it. Please keep the noobs away from the PC or they'll download all the spy-ad-mal-crapware they can find and completely ruin it.

Consoles for noobs. No question about it. Please keep the noobs away from the PC or they’ll download all the spy-ad-mal-crapware they can find and completely ruin it.
[/quote]

OMG you are soooo right!!

Every two months I get calls from my colleagues and friends that they have viruses after going to crack sites. But in all fairness I also get calls from console users too, stating that they need a certain game from me cuz theirs got sracthed…

Firestorm has valid mabies but except for this one:

Maybe they are noobs and want to use trainers/cheats to finish games...
[/quote]

How many games do you find nowadays have cheats/trainers? A very few! maybe 2/10 maybe! maybe! And you can attach joysticks to PC's.

@Sah

aaahhhhh! leave it!!!!! بھائ بات کا مزا کیوں خراب کرتے ہو؟

@Ahmsun: Disks cost rs.200!
[/quote]

Where as you can get a DVD for rs.50 or for free! download it!

.... A console also gives a different look to your lounge or your room, where it stays...
[/quote]

This is a fact! its something we can't expect from big huge tower casings of pc! Besides i've heard from some people .........awww have you seen the new Xbox slim..... its soooo beautiful!..... and i'm like arrrrrrrr!!!!!!! blinded by beauty rather than specifications!

But I still like the consoles over PC for gaming. It's just a preference when you like some thing over some other thing, I think.... and some times you like some thing even without any reason...
[/quote]

hmmm......me too, i sometimes take out my PSone, play wininng Eleven on it! :)

Consoles for noobs. No question about it. Please keep the noobs away from the PC or they'll download all the spy-ad-mal-crapware they can find and completely ruin it.
[/quote]

Yo! X2.

Consoles for noobs. No question about it. Please keep the noobs away from the PC or they’ll download all the spy-ad-mal-crapware they can find and completely ruin it.
[/quote]

But I think it’s some what biased statement…

What’s a noob actually?? Some one very new to some thing would be called as noob… So can be on both sides…

The only “difference” in the players of both (PCs and Consoles), I would say that is the “mindset”. The “key purpose” you play a game for… Is it just for a time pass or you play it to free up your mind from other things around… Then you won’t worry about the specifications of any thing in the PC or in the Console. And for sure the PC has to be built with having a good idea of computer hardware. A console for you would be better option in that case…

On the other side the gamers with a mindset of “exploring” the world of games would of course go for a PC with the best specs out there. Of course they would have a wide range of choices to build a PC…

Again then I would add the same thing that it depends on the preference of yours. To which you are biased more, you would go for… I don’t think there some thing to deal with newbies or some thing like that. Not always and all the gamers switch from Consoles to PC or PC to Consoles. it’s just the mindset yours which is made up by the community you are used to play within…