Thunder Storm Problem..FIRECRUZ help plz

Hey friendz,

today a huge storm came in my area.I live in multan...Now after severe rain my internet speed has become like a dead snail.

THIS IS MY ADSL STATUS BEFORE RAIN:

ADSL Mode Setup ADSL2+ Annex Type Setup ANNEX A

Current ADSL Mode ADSL2 PLUS Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 0:09:01 System Up Time 0:45:51

Downstream Rate 4096 Upstream Rate 969

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 9 / 24.2 Line Attenuation US/DS 22.8 / 48.0

Power US/DS 11.3 / 19.3 Attainable Down Speed 11124

Link Up Times 1 Line State Showtime

AND....THIS IS MY STATUS AFTER RAIN

ADSL Up Time 0:08:02 System Up Time 0:30:40

Downstream Rate 2722 Upstream Rate 725

SNR Margin US/DS 11 / 6.6 Line Attenuation US/DS 31.0 / 54.0

Power US/DS 11.3 / 19.3 Attainable Down Speed 3740

WHAT could have happened during rain??PLZ HELP so that I can resolve my problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: I am on 1mb student package.

Regards

^Dude you were on 4Mb/s before rain and after rain you are downgraded to 2Mb/s and you said that you are on 1Mb/s student package.

What the heck is PeeTCL doin everywhere.???? :mad:

Hey Ismael

Stop with the 1 MB student package thingy... its not a big deal.

I had 512kbps PTCL on a previous number and always used to get downstream rate of 2100+ and up stream rate of 560+ BUT my up/down bandwidth never exceeded more than 17/55KBps.

Now I am on 1MB *its not a student package :|

and I always get Up/Down stream of 253/1021 with actual bandwidth of ~95/17 D/U.

May be it has something to with ur distance with exchange. Greater the distance between one's home to exchange, the bigger the UP/DOWN stream they assign you so you can get what you subscribed for after the lose of data. Thats just my thought.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey friendz,

today a huge storm came in my area.I live in multan…Now after severe rain my internet speed has become like a dead snail.

THIS IS MY ADSL STATUS BEFORE RAIN:

ADSL Up Time 0:09:01 System Up Time 0:45:51

Downstream Rate 4096 Upstream Rate 969

SNR Margin US/DS 9 / 24.2 Line Attenuation US/DS 22.8 / 48.0

Power US/DS 11.3 / 19.3 Attainable Down Speed 11124

AND…THIS IS MY STATUS AFTER RAIN

ADSL Up Time 0:08:02 System Up Time 0:30:40

Downstream Rate 2722 Upstream Rate 725

SNR Margin US/DS 11 / 6.6 Line Attenuation US/DS 31.0 / 54.0

Power US/DS 11.3 / 19.3 Attainable Down Speed 3740

WHAT could have happened during rain??PLZ HELP so that I can resolve my problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: I am on 1mb student package.

Regards

[/quote]

It sometimes happens to me as well, in fact it happen yesterday after the heavy rain… My modem stopped working for an hour or so after that it got connected but than started the connecting/disconnecting game which went for at least 5 Hrs.

You know most of the DPs are always open, so when it rains water gets into naked wires causing kind of a short circuit which increases the distortion resulting in either outage or disconnection or lower speeds.

Mind you that the DP is located near ur home on a pole, if its secure than still you don’t know about the back end connections in ur exchange or in big box between ur DP and exchange, You can’t possibly know on ur own whether the wires are secured or not.

So ur best bet is the “sun shine after the rain” to evaporate all the water from the wires so you can go back to ur life :)

wait for 1 day and see if the problem still exist or not :o

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

May be it has something to with ur distance with exchange. Greater the distance between one’s home to exchange, the bigger the UP/DOWN stream they assign you so you can get what you subscribed for after the lose of data. Thats just my thought.
[/quote]

& that is fundamental theory of how adsl works

the max attainable rate lines can achieve can be checked by stats given in modem page: Snr/Attn

now here’s very important thing (Firecuzz correct me if i’m wrong :) Noc guys make profiles by locating customer’s port, (tagin/tagout) they attend calls only from installers so if the person knows his port he can tell his installer to get profile reset once or re-designed if the speed stats aren’t what he subscribed for. Thats one nifty way of resolving broadband issues, I usually ring them directly acting as an installer if my port hangs (which is pretty common thing) ^_^

thnx guyz today my whole status is restored and my internet is fast again...

^ u r welk ;):D :D