Thumb impression by gender

Hi all

I dont know whether this is the right thread to ask this question. I need to take thumb impression of a male and a female for bank usage. Now I forgot which hand side is used by which gender. I have heard that right is used for ladies and and left for gents.

Is it true or not?

yea correct

My statement is correct. A banker also told me so in sms reply.

Anyways whats the logic behind this?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My statement is correct. A banker also told me so in sms reply.

Anyways whats the logic behind this?

[/quote]

maybe to identify man from women, unsophisticated forger might not know about left and right. so he might use man thumbprint for women hence then easily get caught

^no objection certificate?

didn't got your point.

^^

sorry i was replying in two different forums, other one i wrote here and your reply there, now corrected, sorry

thumb impression ?

Thats so stupid...

Do banks here in our backward country really have thumb impression recognition systems if need arises?

thumb impression ?

Thats so stupid…

Do banks here in our backward country really have thumb impression recognition systems if need arises?

[/quote]

well i agree with you in terms of local bank they are still on traditional stamp pad ink and paper thingy.

but in modern biometrics optIcal thumb imperession recognition is as valid as eye retina recognition. but thats not what the local bank use anyway

?????

I have always used my right hand .... :| ?

And what if the person is not able to go to bank?

Now which technology you gonna use? :D

Hmm... thats what i thought.

I guess they may have to mail it :P

And what if the person is not able to go to bank?

Now which technology you gonna use? :D

[/quote]

did you start this thread for humor? i don’t get it?

^No I didn't started it for humour. See my first post.

And I was laughing because you and Faisal were against this manual thumb impression method through ink pad.

Here in Pakistan most of the companies and government departments are still using this traditional method and you behaving like in al over the country biometric machines are available.

^

yup this is how the business is done in pakistan, don't be fooled by computers and atm machines in banks of some posh part of any major local city, i travel a whole lot in rural pakistan majority of banks in these areas are still on register ledger system.

Which thumb print does a male use on the passport? Left? (confused by deffury's post)