Thread cleaning initiative

We are starting to get a significant build up of non-informative posts, especially in the dedicated ISP/torrents threads. What I would like everyone (especially the regular members) to do is to take 15 minutes out of their precious time, and delete all their posts which they think are useless (for instance all the 'thank you's and the replies of 'No problem' in the torrent thread!). This is to increase readability and reduce the size of these threads, and if everyone pitches in it'll be faster and easier. Just a temporary measure till we can get a more permanent (Wiki?) solution in place. Thanks!

Currently I'm doing a massive cleanup operation on the sticky threads. Hopefully they'll be a lot more readable after I'm done with them!

ok i did my part (sort of)

i deleted 6 of my posts which were useless

will try deleting any unnecessary post from now on

deleted a few

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

will try deleting any unnecessary post from now on

deleted a few

[/quote]

That’ll require you to delete half of your total posts :D j/k <-- Saad please see the j/k sign. :P

@sah, I don’t think many members will consider their posts useless (even if it’s a ‘thank you’) and delete it. If you want to weed out junk posts from important threads, you’ll have to do it yourself. Plus, a lot of posts in ISP related threads are by non-regular members and I doubt they’ll ever know about this initiative.

That’ll require you to delete half of your total posts :D j/k
[/quote]

you think half of my posts are useless? :(

@sah, I don’t think many members will consider their posts useless (even if it’s a ‘thank you’) and delete it. If you want to weed out junk posts from important threads, you’ll have to do it yourself. Plus, a lot of posts in ISP related threads are by non-regular members and I doubt they’ll ever know about this initiative.
[/quote]

Yes I suppose you’re right. I’m deleting posts in the torrents thread right now. 80% of the posts are completely useless to a new member as far as information goes.

you think half of my posts are useless? :(

[/quote]

yeah man that is harsh for a member like Saad

actually he is one of the few members where most of his posts are quite usefull

[/quote]

thank you for your kind regards

nice job Sah :)

15 pages thats an achievement :D

[/quote]

its true abt saad but what about your posts man…

[/quote]

its true abt saad but what about your posts man…

There many posts in torent thred which should be deletd like

x says : want invite

y says : invite sent

x says : thnx for invite

y says : no problem man

and blah blah

Careful! Just remove the invites. That will reduce the thread size substantially.
[/quote]

I deleted the posts which didn’t contain any useful information. No one is going to re-read or even be interested in the one liners of various conversations! After deleting about 15 pages, majority of which dealt with invites, , the information left is pretty useful!

i swear you people are copycats, i think i have impacted this forum a lot,

yesterday i was the first one to delete all my post (only 9 of them i couldn’t delete since those topics are closed). i deleted all 170+ posts of mine irrespective of how informative they were, in order to start FRESH

and now day after i see this thread… my idea and sah taking credit, no problem buddy…

[/quote]

Ban Again?

j/k :D don’t mind

and now day after i see this thread… my idea and sah taking credit, no problem buddy…
[/quote]

Do you ACTUALLY think anyone noticed you deleted all your posts? You give yourself way too much credit… :P

saad yar, its good enough for me to know sah noticed it and he started this thread

at least he should have given me little credit like below…

“thread cleaning initiative by sah, inspired by k2munda”

[/quote]

whoever got this idea the thing is that it was really needed

ok k2munda i accept its your idea so now i think the discussion should end

btw its always a nice read when the mods and k2munda are arguing, the discussions get really entertaining