Those who don,t have any DSL ISP in their city

Solution,s for those who have not any GOOD ISP available in their city

I am also a victim of this problem. So I now connect through my mobile Samsung SGH-D500 using ZONG,s very reliable packages.

I live in HAFIZABAD as I know here is only PTCL Broadband available. I subscribed for it and my 2 weeks were spent crying and calling there customer service which was based on two I think METRIC pass stupids. Jab bhi mein unhain call karta bass moon udha kar chalay aatay thay aata jaata kuch hai nahi tha. So I bought a second hand mobile and a ZONG sim and started browsing the world of web.

Email me salmanabbas007@gmail.com for guidence

AOA brother

brother i just want to know about the zong internet package quality and price you have subscribed .... coz i m using Mobilink GPRS for PC on a postpaid Number ... and it costs me about 700 Rs / month ...

you should try PTCL EVO http://ptcl.com.pk/contentb.php?NID=199 ... initial cost is a lil high though

Hell leo_hai !

I don,t use mobilink because Its speed (I only know of hafizabad) is worst all the day servers down some time webpage open and most not.

ZONG speed is rocketfast all the day I browse websites

I use PREPAY 4GB Package

Zong provides very reliable GPRS/EDGE packages

Details of per month package:-

--: PREPAID :--

2GB : PKR 200+tax

4GB : PKR 400+tax (I use this one, Its price with tax is RS.550)

Unlimited : PKR 999+tax

--: POSTPAID :--

Unlimited PKR 400+tax

But please beware of tax

As this stupid zardari has increased tax to sky heights

Tax will be deducted 2 times

1. At the time of Recharge 15%

2.At the time of payment 19.5%

I have also posted these rates here

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10244

Now you will think that may be I am a ZONG,s staff member

But I am not I am posting these Rates beacause I am browsing INTERNET because of ZONG and I have became a FAN of it so I now suggest It to all people

Please PAKISTANI,s don,t use DIAL-UP it has #$%# speed here. GPRS is 3x and EDGE is 6x faster than it

I mean Dial-up has very very very slow speed

And HELLO Abid861 maybe you have not read this topic,s label carefully its

"Those who don,t have any DSL ISP in their city"

PTCL EVO,s 3G speed is not available in any none or equal to none DSL ISP city

It works with GSM (GPRS) in these cities then why pay for that EXPENSIVE EVO Device?? When you can use your mobile

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Zong provides very reliable GPRS/EDGE packages

Details of per month package:-

–: PREPAID :–

2GB : PKR 200+tax

4GB : PKR 400+tax (I use this one, Its price with tax is RS.550)

Unlimited : PKR 999+tax

–: POSTPAID :–

Unlimited PKR 400+tax

[/quote]

Zong’s unlimited packages; Prepaid Rs. 999/month and Postpaid Rs. 400/month, are they really truly unlimited or they have some caps/quota on it? What is your monthly usage? Have you downloaded/uploaded 20GB+ in a month?

Zong’s unlimited packages; Prepaid Rs. 999/month and Postpaid Rs. 400/month, are they really truly unlimited or they have some caps/quota on it? What is your monthly usage? Have you downloaded/uploaded 20GB+ in a month?

[/quote]

Hai WAMPYR as I said I use the 4GB Package

and download using Download Accelerator Plus and Utorrent to download files

The First month I subscribed to Unlimited Package And Downloaded Very Heavily Its truly truly Unlimited But With 4GB I have to download a bit less or it endsup very early and you cannot get anyother package till its 30days complete.

And Yes I have Downloaded many games and many softwares using utorrent

In the Last 2 months I downloaded Some are:-

Euro Truck Simulator 2008 : 400MB

Age of Empires 2 : 700MB

Empire Earth 2 : 1200MB

Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks : 900MB

and i didn,t remember

Maybe I have downloaded 12GB

I start utorrent Continuosly and I play games until files are downloaded BIG GAMES Take Some time Though

Hai WAMPYR as I said I use the 4GB Package

and download using Download Accelerator Plus and Utorrent to download files

The First month I subscribed to Unlimited Package And Downloaded Very Heavily Its truly truly Unlimited But With 4GB I have to download a bit less or it endsup very early and you cannot get anyother package till its 30days complete.

[/quote]

Sorry, my mistake, I forgot that you are using 4GB package. The unlimited packages are very attractive but they need to cut their prices to at least half.

Brother Salmanabbas I salute you to download such a heavy data on GPRS dailup :) ... its pretty hectic and time consuming job .. I could never dare to download a file even more than 50 MB using my Mobilink GPRS Dialup ... :) ..

one more thing that is GSM networks internet speed varies with particular city and areas ... here in my city I subscribed ZONG unlimted internet for 3 months ... it really disapointed me .. as speed was too low to even brows in the evening and rate of disconnection was aslo very high ... so I had to shift back to mobilink internet ....

so i have come to conclusion my experience about zong is very bad but it doesnt mean same is the case with you .... similarly your mobilink experience wasnt good ... therefore I think internet speed of a particular network may be outstanding in a particular city/area while same network might drive you nuts in other cities/areas .....

I am able to download such heavy data because of utorrent it automatically start,s whenever my computer is on....

Yes leo_hai internet speed varies. I think because of traffic, here in hafizabad I have got a ZONG,s tower in front of my house and maybe I am the only person who use,s GPRS with computer because literacy rate is too low here.

Magar yahan parhay likhay loge bhi boaht hain magar wo sara din apni jaan-e-mann say mobile kan per chipkaa kar batain kartay hain!!!. Dil to karta hai aik JHANPAR raseed karoon.

But I think that here Mobilink,s coverage is not available properly that,s why GPRS takes very long to response.But one more thing Nowadays I am recieving warid,s CB message,s of {"NOW 3X FASTER INTERNET"} maybe we should call them and ask that what does it means

And by the way how did you subscribed for 3 months I can only subscribe for 1 ???????????????

come on brother salman .... i meant ... subscription for 3 consecutive months .... :)

:P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p

OK ok OK

OK ok OK

OK ok OK

OK ok OK

:P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p

salam,

I have a place in rural mianwali (about 30kms from city) and in area near tarnol in islamabad. No ptcl dsl or high speeds with EVO. I have had excellent experience with PTCL DSL in lahore and islamabad. But I guess there are not options in the areas i mention.

I would appreciate any pointers of what internet options i would have. ZONG? vphone?

Generally whats the best solution for really rural setting where there is mobile access? where can i find if the service is edge based in these areas? I cant find any thing. what kinds os speed should i expect?

thanks in advance.

^Zong is

On Prepaid:

Rs.200 for 2GB in a month

Rs.400 for 4GB in a month

Rs.999 for Unlimited in a month

You can also subscribe to both Rs.200 and Rs.400 deals to get Rs.600 for 6GB in a month

On Postpaid:

Rs.400 for Unlimited in a month

The maximum theoretical downlink of EDGE is 296kbps(37kB/s) on Nokia phones as they have Class 32 EDGE.

On the other hand, Vfone is:

On Prepaid: Rs.6/hour which is damn expensive if you do the math

On Postpaid: 500/month for 500 hours which is like unlimited as it is 16+hours/day for month

The maximum theoretical downlink for CDMA2000 is 153.6kbps(19.2kB/s)

The problem is that in practical usage, Zong might really suck, so the best thing to do, is get a Zong SIM and run a speedtest, if you are satisfied with the speed, then go for it. BTW if you have GPRS in your area like I do, just save yourself the hassle and go with Vfone, as Vfone is much much faster than Zong's GPRS in any case, but EDGE is a whole other story.