Thermal Insulation of Roofs

i wonder if there exists any probability of developing leakages/seepages in roofs when tiles on roofs are to be removed for spray of insulating foam material. furthermore, when these tiles are paved therafter, what are the chances of developing cracks in the roof floor due to sponge effect of the foam?

Im going to get my roof thermally insulated in a week or so. Iv considered many options including the spray-on stuff of Master/Diamond and their readymade insulating panels and many many other options too.

At the end iv chosen readymade concrete tiles made by a company located in i-9 isloo. Tiles are concrete with that packing material filled in between its upper and lower portions. Got to see their sample and id say it looks quite solid. Will post the results inshallah wen work is finished....

^ Post pics too if possible.

i wonder if there exists any actual success story with thermal insualtion?

if there are any then pl. share. i have heard that installing a radiant barrier in the form of an aluminium foil is also a possible solution but am afraid that it won't work in our climatic conditions.

daily newspapers are full of advertisements citing a paint that seals as well as insulates roofs by application of one to two coats only.

pl. share if any one has applied that paint on their roofs.

i got my roof done. results are okay. at least top floor is bearable to be in even without fan sumtymz (these days - dont know abt upcoming hotter weather)

whereas last summer one cud feel the ceiling fan throwing hot air...

il post pics soon inshallah. how'd u do it anyway?

Sorry for delay. Heres my roof!

Individual roof tile here. One whole, one cross-section:

^Hay it was you. I mentioned someone in another thread. :D

Anyways whats the price?

@maliksaab

How much is the thickness of these tiles and what about the cost?

approx. 2 inch thick tile/slab

when i got them they cost me around 60rs/sq ft. (dunno exact coz i wasnt in on the deal!)

i got to know they increased their rates once proper summer season began...

maliksaab!

I am in urgent need of the insulation solution that you have selected for your home.

can I get contact Nos. of the firm marketing these tiles?

furthermore, what were the results in June as you are already residing in a cooler region as compared to Lahore and Multan.

I wonder if anyone living in Lahore or Multan have tried such a solution to their benefit / relief?

Is the idea of placing earthen pots upside down on the roofs is a good one?

plz share as electricity is getting more expensive as well as hard to find these days.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Is the idea of placing earthen pots upside down on the roofs is a good one?

[/quote]

The number of pots it will take to cover the entire roof will make that an interesting roof to see! :)

The number of pots it will take to cover the entire roof will make that an interesting roof to see! :)

[/quote]

The roof will be literally unusable after that.

^ not to talk of extra load that would be put on the roof a load which may lead into other troubles :)

Anyways, if maliksaab could provide how this insulation compares with his experience from previous years it would be very good.

Anyways, if maliksaab could provide how this insulation compares with his experience from previous years it would be very good.
[/quote]

Well maliksaab still says that results are good. Upper floor doesnt get as hot as before. Today its probably what, 43-44 °C in this town? But i can sit up here

on 2nd storey under just a fan and write this piece. I consider that a major feat :)

One thing iv noticed is that in the night the roof tiles on the outside become cold. They lose heat quite fast. Feels good to walk on barefoot!

Maybe il drag my ‘charpaee’ (bed) up there…

maliksaab!

I am in urgent need of the insulation solution that you have selected for your home.

can I get contact Nos. of the firm marketing these tiles?

[/quote]

I lost the numbr. I still have it sumwhr. Will get it to u! Just hang in there mate…

how much do you weigh maliksaab?

is the roof top still foot traffic friendly as it used to be earlier?

how much do you weigh maliksaab?

is the roof top still foot traffic friendly as it used to be earlier?

[/quote]

never mind my weight :P its got a thousand gallon water tank sittn on it. good enuf?

u can roll on it n stroll on it n it wont break down :)

It is much more sensible to install roofing insulation to prevent increasing heat in the summers. It keeps heat from entering the house saving a lot on air-conditioning and electricity bills.

maliksaab!

where are you man?

i need contact nos. of the firm which saved you from scorching heat of this summer.