The Windows 8 thread

^ It is no different that the service packs that used to come for previous versions of Windows. Seriously, you guys are trying way too hard to hate the Plastic UI. It is actually pretty decent once you play around with it for a while...

Many people stuck in Windows 7

The problem with people is that they are still treating Windows 8 as something totally different from its previous models, which is hardly the case. Almost everything is kept the same, IMPROVED if any different ... with the only difference being the Start Screen. Once you get past that learning curve, you find it MUCH MORE useful than your ordinary Start Menu.

Talking about the "different apps for start screen" ... if you don't fancy them, don't use them. Simple. Its not like Microsoft is shoving them down your throats.

I have been on Windows 8 since day one (now on 8.1, will get update 1 when its available through official channels) ... and whenever i used a PC/Laptop running Windows 7 ... it only made my belief on Win8 Stronger, because it really is the smoothest and efficient OS microsoft have released so far. And Win7 experience felt nothing but Jittery, bogged Down and cramped.

Seriously ... Win8 has the FASTEST In-computer SEARCH system yet implemented which ALONE can outlast every other feature. Win+S and type one or two words ... and the result will be right infront of you. (You can tweak Indexing Options if you like to have more customized results)

I find it hard to believe that people are still judging Windows 8 (or 8.1) ON COVER, or rather WITH PICTURES ... instead of actually manning up and USING IT.

^ A Rant...a Solid rant if any...

Totally agreed.. Windows 8 shoudl be a step forward and it indeed is.. but just like vista people are not comfortable to too much change suddenly.. that is why windows 8 adoption is slow..8.1 would improve that..win 8 is indeed a magnificent windows with useability in its core..

now that people are finally getting grips on touch screen apps as integral part of their lives everyday, windows 8 would soon be appearing more friendly to all.probably the next windows will build up on this like windows 7 did on vista.. and windows 9 would be a huge huge success..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

r. And Win7 experience felt nothing but Jittery, bogged Down and cramped.
[/quote]

that howeer would not be fair..windows 7 is by far extremely smooth and lovely to look at and use.. the only reason windows 8 may FEEL Smoother is because of aero.. Win 7 aero requires a heavy powerful card to run its appearance and aero interface.. the experience was revolutionary and very smooth.. if not, then just disable aero peek and glass animation and your windows is faster than win 95 on a Xeon workstation..

Win 8 is great.. but Win 7 is not even a notch less.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:244, topic:17693”]

Totally agreed.. Windows 8 shoudl be a step forward and it indeed is.. but just like vista people are not comfortable to too much change suddenly.. that is why windows 8 adoption is slow..8.1 would improve that..win 8 is indeed a magnificent windows with useability in its core..

[/quote]
See, thats the issue. People thinking "its too much change" When its definitely NOT.
People can get a new wife they never know of, and will eventually settle down. They can move house, and can/may eventually settle down. But because its a piece of software, they never give it its intended time, fearing they just might start liking it.
I remember so many people who shifted back to Windows 7 because they did not like WIn8, but only to revert back to Win8 because they felt 'something missing' in Win7.
(Please don't think i am advertising or anything) At PakGamers (here: http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f25/windows-8-official-thread-~-124256/index209.html ) I, with the help of other members have managed to spread to word to masses. Even in real life, every PC in my family, friend or i have access to ... have been shifted to Windows 8.1.
People did complain at first, but just after ONE week of usage, they settled down with it.

[quote="farhan_ds, post:244, topic:17693"]

that howeer would not be fair..windows 7 is by far extremely smooth and lovely to look at and use.. the only reason windows 8 may FEEL Smoother is because of aero.. Win 7 aero requires a heavy powerful card to run its appearance and aero interface.. the experience was revolutionary and very smooth.. if not, then just disable aero peek and glass animation and your windows is faster than win 95 on a Xeon workstation..

Win 8 is great.. but Win 7 is not even a notch less.

[/quote]

Personally, i loved Aero to death. Still do, and quite frankly miss it greatly. I still think if Win8 would've got Aero, it would've look ... simply, Elegant & Sexy ... or RAVISHING :P.

I don't have any PC which lacks horsepower. I myself own a GTX680, with an onboard 3000 series IGP. I don't have any SSD though. But i have seen the performance difference in both 7 & 8 under SSD. And guess what ... Win8 works so much better on a SSD (something to do with cache system or whatever).

Even with Aero OFF ... Windows 7 feels bogged down, now that i have used Win8. So its understandable that the difference in Win8 is not just of looks, but there are many backend differences as well, which includes a new hybrid kernel and more efficient memory utilization.

---------

The whole point of this rant is ... that people are still THINKING and not DOING. They are using puny issues as their weapon to target a perfectly good OS. I am only trying to GET THEM to use Win8.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

THAT'S PROBABLY ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY PEOPLE ARE STILL STUCK ON XP EVEN TODAY.

KINDLY GET THIS THROUGH THAT THICK SKULL OF YOURS. PEOPLE CAN USE WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT. IF YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, THEN YOU NEED TO LEARN TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT NOT EVERYONE AGREES OR DISAGREE AND MOVE ON.

/JUST MY 0.02$ OF RANT :lol:

SERIOUSLY, THE WINDOWS 8 CHEER LEADING SQUAD IS TRYING SO HARD, ITS HILARIOUS :D

^ I am not trying to shove my thoughts down your throat ... or YOUR throat more specifically. If you got a problem with me, or my 'rants', you can ignore them and MOVE ON.

Plus, i don't even need to try to boast about Windows 8. Its the hypocrisy of users which makes me do it.

^ You've got a "throat" fetish eh ? :lol:

Ugh... It's like everyone on this forum have a tendency to create an issue out of every little thing. :rolleyes:

My opinion? Just use the OS you prefer. ;)

BTW, here's some good news: http://lifehacker.com/microsoft-is-bringing-the-start-menu-back-to-windows-8-1557023798

I think Microsoft has nailed it this time, that looks like the perfect start menu for Windows 8. A perfect blend of Cardboard and Plastic. B)

^ Yep, this change was officially announced not long ago, and i will definitely be looking forward to it. Eventhough i feel that Start Menu will also bring back the more "cramped" experience (which i came to know when i started using Start Screen) ... i am curious to see what Microsoft will do.

------

Windows 8.1 Update 1 is now officially being rolled out via WIndows Update. I just got mine, and have updated all my home PCs/Laptops. (If you are using KMS Activation then you may have to ReActivate using the latest version of KMSPico).

For 10 Key Changes,look here: http://www.informationweek.com/mobile/mobile-applications/windows-81-update-1-10-key-changes/d/d-id/1114156

No amount of sugar coating / new paint is going to change the fact that the OS sucks bollocks. Microsoft backtracking on their plan merely confirm the amount of eff-ups they've piled up one after the another.

My opinion, don’t care what you use. If one wants to get cuddly with his monitor, the kindergarten tiles are the best thing since sliced bread. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 5

^ You and Farhan are literally the most immature kids on the forum. :rolleyes:

You don't like something and don't want to use it, that's absolutely fine. But telling (or implying) that people are stupid for using something you don't like is just absurd.

I could say the same about you friend. You consider other people "Luddites" simply because they bash or don't like Windows 8 on the stupid assumption (as always) that they're resistant to change. There has not been a single time that I haven't been of the very first few to try the latest version of windows amongst my peers (going all the way back to the Windows 95' days).

The only problem I've got is that Microsoft first trying to shove this abomination of an OS down everyone's throat, which backfired on them. The Metro UI should stick to where it truly belongs, on smartphones, tablets & touch interfaces. They've got nobody but themselves to blame for it, if they end up losing the biggest share of their pie to their competitors (Windows & Office).

[quote=“Upsilon, post:249, topic:17693”]

Ugh... It's like everyone on this forum have a tendency to create an issue out of every little thing. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Nope.. only one J-idiot...rest of us participate in healthy discussions..

[quote="abobobilly, post:250, topic:17693"]

^ Yep, this change was officially announced not long ago, and i will definitely be looking forward to it. Eventhough i feel that Start Menu will also bring back the more "cramped" experience (which i came to know when i started using Start Screen) ... i am curious to see what Microsoft will do.

------

[/quote]

i totally agreed to you in windows 8 being a much better product than the new stunts they pulled with vista.. vista was crap not because it was too new, it was because it had too many bugs along with being new.. window 8 builds on the the success and stability of win 7 and takes it a step above.. the fact that people are resistant to change is a mass problem of the world..there are more Jidiots who will oppose anything, and dumb ones that donot want to explore and understand, than there are smart ones who will try , explore understand and adopt..

i am myself waiting for a daz loader type activation system instead of KMS for windows 8.1 update 1 to arrive, or a preactivated version of some sort... then it would be permananet move to windows 8 for me..:)

[quote="Upsilon, post:252, topic:17693"]

^ You and Farhan are literally the most immature kids on the forum. :rolleyes:

You don't like something and don't want to use it, that's absolutely fine. But telling (or implying) that people are stupid for using something you don't like is just absurd.

[/quote]

i ALWAYS tell everyone that their opinion is wrong or they should try to follow MY orders what i say is final truth, and if they donot OBEY then they suck and i will abuse them cz i am a fan boy of the stuff that i buy and everyone else should follow me, otherwise abuse them and screw them..

oh wait..

That aint me..that must some other jidiot you must be referring to.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The whole point of this rant is ... that people are still THINKING and not DOING. They are using puny issues as their weapon to target a perfectly good OS. I am only trying to GET THEM to use Win8.
[/quote]

our own resident upsilon here used to hate and rant against the metro tiles of win 8 not a few months ago..all those posts in previous pages.. then he went on to keep using it, and now he likes it.. your work here was already done before you came.. i will soon be shifting to it when update is daz cracked..

i already have an SSD so i hope to finally see it properly utilized along with native USB 3 support.. win 8 has soo much to offer.. it really is the windows of current generation,,

@farhan_ds! Brother, the DAZ activation have always been a "Hacktivator" (hacked system files) style of activation. I have a theory which i won't really mention here (related to Pirated OS, and our Microsoft accounts being attached to it) ... but for Windows 8, i don't recommend this style of Activation. Though it is available in many forms.

I prefer KMS activation because its like a Trial Extender and it does not modify your system files. The currently available tool "KMSPico" activates your Office and Win8.1 (and Update 1) in ONE CLICK ... which will activate your OS for 6 months. BUT ... the "AutoKMS" module included in KMSPico will help Reactivate your OS everytime you start your windows (or rather, everytime an activation command is sent to the server). SO BASICALLY ... You are good to go.

P.S. The latest version available of KMSPico 9.2.3 activates the Win8.1 Update 1 just fine.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:254, topic:17693”]

our own resident upsilon here used to hate and rant against the metro tiles of win 8 not a few months ago..all those posts in previous pages.. then he went on to keep using it, and now he likes it..

[/quote]

You assume too much. I never said i like the plastic UI. I just don't hate it anymore. I understand now WHY people like it so i don't ridicule them for using/liking it.

I only use the Plastic UI when i want to use tha Plastic apps like Skype or Windows Mail, or check the friggin weather.

Personally, I'm still using StartIsBack+ because i simply don't like the fact that the Plastic start menu takes up the whole friggin screen. But now that MS is going to release the hybrid start menu soon, i might get rid of external start menu apps in favor of vanilla menu.

well i think millennium was better than win8. Vista was a waste of everything. Win7 is wonderful.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:256, topic:17693”]

You assume too much. I never said i like the plastic UI. I just don't hate it anymore. I understand now WHY people like it so i don't ridicule them for using/liking it.

I only use the Plastic UI when i want to use tha Plastic apps like Skype or Windows Mail, or check the friggin weather.

Personally, I'm still using StartIsBack+ because i simply don't like the fact that the Plastic start menu takes up the whole friggin screen. But now that MS is going to release the hybrid start menu soon, i might get rid of external start menu apps in favor of vanilla menu.

[/quote]

i donot assume anything about you.. or your posts..cz it is not my business to interfere with your opinions, and i respect your opinions, and also, most of the times i agree with your opinions and often take your recommendations since they usually are good and match my interests as well....

however you jump to conclusions too quickly..what i said was, you initially disliked the tiles, but unlike other ass blowers, you kept using windows 8.. you ended up liking the windows 8 overall experience and continued using it..just cz of your change of attitude towards the windows, i also and highly inclined to jump to it in next installation.. hopefully window 8 update 1 will be integrated in some releases..

[quote="abobobilly, post:255, topic:17693"]

@farhan_ds! Brother, the DAZ activation have always been a "Hacktivator" (hacked system files) style of activation. I have a theory which i won't really mention here (related to Pirated OS, and our Microsoft accounts being attached to it) ... but for Windows 8, i don't recommend this style of Activation. Though it is available in many forms.

I prefer KMS activation because its like a Trial Extender and it does not modify your system files. The currently available tool "KMSPico" activates your Office and Win8.1 (and Update 1) in ONE CLICK ... which will activate your OS for 6 months. BUT ... the "AutoKMS" module included in KMSPico will help Reactivate your OS everytime you start your windows (or rather, everytime an activation command is sent to the server). SO BASICALLY ... You are good to go.

P.S. The latest version available of KMSPico 9.2.3 activates the Win8.1 Update 1 just fine.

[/quote]

i tried the KMS system once for the latest office versio and it screwed my whole system up.. that is why i reinstalled windows and went back to office 2007, which is more than what i need anyways..

that is why i am sceptical of the KMS system entirely.. it ran too much of code and many number pressing even though it was supposed to be 1 click..

also i donot like startup items :P.. i just dont like them.. no reason :)

hopefully some preactivated system might come along for the next update 1, integrated in one so which i can install from USB..

prhaps i wont have to look back then to windows 7...

PS; windows 7 is the most unbeatable experience of windows we had all been dreaming o since windows 98.. even though when we will all move up to windows 15 some day, windws 7 will still be remembered for what it was, the true successor and revolution to Windows XP.. :)

Long live 7...

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:254, topic:17693”]

Nope.. only one J-idiot...rest of us participate in healthy discussions..

i ALWAYS tell everyone that their opinion is wrong or they should try to follow MY orders what i say is final truth, and if they donot OBEY then they suck and i will abuse them cz i am a fan boy of the stuff that i buy and everyone else should follow me, otherwise abuse them and screw them..

oh wait..

That aint me..that must some other jidiot you must be referring to.

[/quote]

For a person who lacks the balls to directly quote the person who he's trying to throw insults at, I find it pretty damn hilarious :lol: . Next time, grow a quad, so that the next pair comes in handy in case the originals fail in the process.

And since you never bothered to read what I said, so FU too :lol:

Geez, the tantrums this Windows Gay8 cheer leading squad throws up if someone disagrees with them is hardly surprising :rolleyes:

Used Microsoft Toolkit 2.5 for KMS activation of Windows 8.1.1 and it works fine.

KMSpico is also good for activation, and they even provide OEM files which you can integrate into your windows ISO to make your copy "Preactivated" :)

It works but with my norton antivirus it shows false positive and removes the KMSpico, one can avoid it by adding KMSpico into exclusion list but i just stick to Microsoft Toolkit. Less headache for me.