The Windows 8 thread

Finally got my copy hacktivated. So I'm just letting you guys know that a proper activator is out on the Interwebz. ;)

can you pm me link ?

^ Sent. Check your PM.

when ill get the final version.....

Tried Windows 8 when it came out last year. Used it for a week. couldn't warm upto it so reverted back to 7.

Now that 8.1 is out, i have installed again. This time feeling good about it. :)

Windows 8.1

Hactivated and customized a bit to my taste :)

Bleh. What a hideous looking theme <_<. They ruined an absolutely beautiful Aero Glass Theme. If only you see the amount of themes available on DeviantArt for Windows 7, one'd never bother going to Windows 8.

[quote=“jDk, post:207, topic:17693”]

Bleh. What a hideous looking theme <_<. They ruined an absolutely beautiful Aero Glass Theme. If only you see the amount of themes available on DeviantArt for Windows 7, one'd never bother going to Windows 8.

[/quote]

agree that Aero Glass was great...

but after spending 7 years with it, i guess i can let it go now :D

[quote=“jDk, post:207, topic:17693”]

[/quote]

To be honest, Aero had compatibility issues with many older games. So the removal of aero was actually not such a bad idea. The new taskbar is still slightly transparent.

And some new additions are enough to keep one interested :)

I think i can say goodbye to 7 now. It was a great run.

Aero glass was nothing but a resource hog. Good thing they got rid of it.

Windows Experience Index also gone for good in 8.1 :)

Kick ass torrents seems to have preactivated windows 8.1 today.

now update to 8.1

I just ordered a Dell Venue Pro thru Amazon. :)

I have a theory due to which i recommend NOT using the hactivator variants. Instead choose a KMS Activated copy.

I won't go into boring details but short version is ... Microsoft is now trying to connect your Microsoft/Hotmail/Live account with Windows and they might be keeping track of pirated copy users, and they might do something harsh somewhere in time. I am not saying there is a certainty but there is a possibility. (Heck they may already know of such users but might not do anything just for the sake of "market share").

Think about it. People who are activating Windows 8 or 8.1 via Hactivators, may also feel this extremely annoying where Windows will start asking them to use a "Microsoft Account" whenever they open up Store or any other Metro Application ... and they might end up using an Online (Microsoft) Account unknowingly (which will shift your "Local" profile to an "Online" profile -- attached to your Microsoft Account ... just like Google Account for Android).

Anyway, this is just a theory so ....

For KMS Activation, head over to MyDigitalLife forums & look for "KMS Pico". Your OS will be activated for 180 days but it'll be re-activated for another 180 days whenever windows will initiate an activation check. The benefit is that it doesn't modify any system files whatsoever and acts like a "Trial Extender".

^ that is a BIG theory, but could be possible.. Microsoft did try a similar trick with a small windows update KB article which downloaded and then crapped your windows to a pirated copy.. all that went away thanks to mighty Daz, but still it was a big nuisance for a long time..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:217, topic:17693”]

^ that is a BIG theory, but could be possible.. Microsoft did try a similar trick with a small windows update KB article which downloaded and then crapped your windows to a pirated copy.. all that went away thanks to mighty Daz, but still it was a big nuisance for a long time..

[/quote]

You are talking about the KB971033 Update which rendered Windows 7 pirated copies useless. It was just a "Activation Validation" update which i was able to avoid easily just because i used to install Updates after checking the list.

For those who did install it and later suffered the problem, the easiest solution was to Uninstall WAT, Reinstall WAT & Activate via Daz loader. And ofcourse, disable that update later, whenever it'd appear in Updates' List.

But yes same could happen with Windows 8, and i fear it won't quit at flagging or disabling windows.

^ most of use here on tech forums did avoid those updates, but a lot of people who didnt know, werent.. and many many had such problems for a long time.. till preactivated disks started showing up in the market place.

if microsoft were really stupid enough this time, they would try to implement some sort of tricks like those.... but then they would be really stupid.. cz Windows 8 / 8.1 both have been tremendous flops.. and majority has reverted back to original windows 7... this time it seems it has hit worse than vista..

lets wee what the new balmer replacement does for the windows platform soon.. :)

@upsilon and

rnathbatra

Damn you people.. because of your insults towards aero, i finally switched to a basic theme..now my windows ugly.. cant make love to it now.. cant even look it in the eye.. :(

but whatever, will try and stick to basic for some time and see if it grows on me :P