The Windows 8 thread

The latest build of Windows 8 has been leaked throughout the Internet. Various versions, including Enterprise & Professional are available for download on p2p sites & filehosts. Remaining versions are to be available soon. Check your favorite torrent sites for details. :P

I was just reading about Win 8. And I've learned that Win 8 will NOT have a Ultimate version unlike Vista & 7.

Windows 8 editions are: Windows 8 (Home Premium), Windows 8 Pro (Professional/Ultimate), Windows 8 Enterprise (Enterprise), & Windows 8 RT (New, for ARM based devices)

You can learn more about Windows 8 editions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions

P.S. Windows 8 Retail version is releasing on October 26, 2012

To be perfectly honest. I'm not at all thrilled about Windows 8. Windows 7 works like a charm. I really don't get why Microsoft's so intent on pissing off the desktop crowd. Sure metro looks cool on tablets, but on desktops ?? No #$%^%$# way am I switching.

My Bluetooth mouse won't work on it. So back to 7 -_-

want indepth video review in urdu please , is anyone in you ?

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:17693”]

want indepth video review in urdu please , is anyone in you ?

[/quote]

Videos? That’s your field. I really love the BGM you use. :D

[quote=", post:6, topic:17693"]

Videos? That’s your field. I really love the BGM you use. :D

[/quote]

what bgm?

[quote=“armada, post:7, topic:17693”]

what bgm?

[/quote]

I am talking about this video :)

^HA!!

Anyhow, I think the "NEW" windows needs some waiting even after release, before we can fully utilize it.

Got the RTM:

It boots faster, is snappier than Windows 7, I love the task manager and a few other things of it but I'm going to stick to Windows 7 till they decide to remove the useless Metro UI in SP1 or Windows 9. Their shift to so called Metro UI and removing start menu is a blunder. If something ain't broken, don't fix it. I don't know which genius decides about things like this. The full screen start menu replacement is good for TOUCH SCREENS only, it's useless for the rest.

Not to mention small changes they seem to have implemented for no apparent reason. The connection view list was way better the way it was in Windows 7 and they've removed something very BASIC from connection i.e. "redial if line is dropped". :blink: :blink: :blink: Seriously?

@joker post your hardware

^ Its HP DV6000 laptop (from 2007) with:

• Core 2 Duo T9300 processor @ 2.5 Ghz
  • 6GB Ram
  • OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD in primary bay for OS only
  • Western Digital 320GB Harddisk for data placed in optical drive bay with caddy
  • NVidia GeForce 8400M GS 128MB dedicated graphics

I feel weird using Windows 8. But Windows 7 is so good that you need a really good reason to switch to Windows 8. 7 feels right at home while windows 8 feels awkward. I have heard that all hardware manufacturers are going to launch laptops with touch screens. Windows 8 may be suitable for using with those.

Well ended up work this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so today I installed Windows 8 Enterprise on my secondary PC. I've been using the OS for a few hours now, and here's my conclusion as of yet...

Desktop.jpg

Windows 8 is FOR newbies & casual users. It is for users who want the best in customization in windows. It has good eye-candy, and will be easy to learn & understand for new PC users.

Windows 8 is NOT FOR power users, old-school windows users, professionals, geeks & DEFINITELY not for Enterprises (why did they even make an Enterprise version of it?).

Pros over Windows 7:

There are quite a few things to personalize & customize.

A few Metro Apps are good. (Weather, Maps, etc)

Some of the system apps have been revamped. (Task Manager, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, etc)

Loads up & shuts down noticeably faster than Windows 7

Interface should be better & easier to use on Touchscreens.

Cons over Windows 7:

It's smartphone-like interface is very annoying & hard to get used to. (Start-menu removed, Metro-UI, etc)

It is missing some important softwares which it was supposed to have. (.NFW2/3/3.5, etc)

It has compatibility issues with many Windows 7 apps/games. (Various Antiviruses. MPayne3, LAnoir, etc)

Transparency effects gone, new plastic look refreshing, but doesn't look as good. (No more Aero)

Have to deal with unwanted apps. (Microsoft Marketplace, Xbox Game Store, Xbox Video Player, Xbox Music Player, etc)

My Rating:

6/10 - Skip it, It's not worth it. You're better off with Windows 7. Wait for Windows 9...

^Thats a gamers review of windows 8.

I thought of it the same way it has many compatibility issues.

I didn't like start menu gone.

I kinda do like the tabbed title bar & the office-like file management panel though...

Title Bar:

Management Panel:

And BTW, to all you rich hardware enthusiasts. If you're gonna upgrade to Windows 8, then It's time to upgrade your hardware, because Your current WIE rating of 7.9/7.9 isn't the highest anymore.

qD6vv.png

Now go buy expensive crap until you get there. :P

Great, Windows 7 gadgets aren't supported either. They've literally r*ped windows... :wacko:

Edit: actually, the gadgets system has been completely removed from windows 8. MS suddenly realised that they are potentially dangerous. Yeah right...

I really hope Windows 8 becomes the biggest commercial failure for Microsoft yet. So that in Windows 9, they get back on track instead of f*^^ing it up anymore.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:18, topic:17693”]

Great, Windows 7 gadgets aren’t supported either. They’ve literally rped windows… :wacko:

Edit: actually, the gadgets system has been completely removed from windows 8. MS suddenly realised that they are potentially dangerous. Yeah right…

I really hope Windows 8 becomes the biggest commercial failure for Microsoft yet. So that in Windows 9, they get back on track instead of f

^^ing it up anymore.
[/quote]

Windows 8 is to Windows 7 what Windows Vista was to Windows Xp. It seems Microsoft hasn’t learnt the lessons.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Kick out the Metro UI and Windows 8 Gonna Rock!