The Torrent Thread (discussion/problems + solutions)

Considering the numerous questions that members have about torrents, the problems associated with it (including port forwarding), and the requests for torrent site invites, this threads aims to be a central unified resource for such queries and their answers.

That means that all torrent related queries should be posted in this thread only! From now on, any thread found elsewhere will be removed.

Keeping in mind that members may face problems with use of torrents with their particular ISP, such queries should also be posted here even if an ISP specific thread already exists in the Internet Services forum. This is to reduce the clutter and scattered information in those threads.

In accordance with forum rules, no links to torrents of various pirated software/warez should be posted here.

Happy torrent-ing!

Recap: Part 01

unikorn wrote:

Ok, here's my problem:

I recently got LinkDotNet 256K connection. Using uTorrent for downloading, and need port forwarding enabled. The modem/router model is Aztech DSL605EU (single port ethernet/USB). I'm using ethernet to connect it to my PC which is standalone. At the time of installation, a local static IP 192.168.1.2 was assigned along with gateway 192.168.1.1 and DNS servers were also setup. Not using any software firewall like windows firewall or zone alarm. The router box says it has a built-in firewall.

After going through threads here at WP for port forwarding, I tried to map ports to the local IP, i.e., 192.168.1.2 but it didn't work. I did following steps.

1. Opened router configuration and added local IP to Lan Group 1 in >Advanced>LAN>LAN Clients otherwise it won't let me open the port forwarding screen.

2. Opened >Advanced>Applications>Port Forwarding.

3. Created a new rule for uTorrent in available rules as it didn't exist by default.

Name: uTor

Protocol: TCP

Port start: 4000

Port end: 6000

Port Map: 6000

4. Added it to Applied Rules, submitted and saved settings.

5. Set the port in uTorrent to any port between 4000 and 6000, and then tested the port.

Still it won't work. I also set port 6000 in uTorrent, no good. Also created a rule for forwarding a single port, i.e., 20995 and mapped with the same port and set it in uTorrent but still it won't open.

Now I'm sure I'm missing some important steps here, or may be too dumb to follow tutorials posed on WP. But any further help would be highly appreciable.

To be on the safe side, use a port above 35000. Ensure that your static IP is not the DHCP IP range.

Also ensure that you do port forwarding for both TCP and UDP protocol for the same port.

Disable UPnP Port mapping (in µTorrent) if you use port forwarding via router. ALso, create the relevant exceptions in Windows Firewall for that connection.

If all else fails, try using DMZ mode but take precautions (like a software firewall) but it is not recommended.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Site for torrents?

www.desitorrents.com/

www.wwdesi.com

www.dctorrent.com

www.bwtorrrents.com

General torrent sites who collect from all over the world:

http://www.mininova.org/

http://torrentspy.com/

http://thepiratebay.org/

-----------------------------------------------

check this list for Torrent Sites

http://toplist.bitcomet.com/?page=1

can anyone tell me any site which offers files in RMVB format to download from Torrents, I know they are available on Warez-bb but I am looking for torrents ... anyone

Thanks

FaKeeRa

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can anyone tell me any site which offers files in RMVB format to download from Torrents, I know they are available on Warez-bb but I am looking for torrents … anyone

Thanks

FaKeeRa

[/quote]

If you enter rmvb as search string on search engine like www.isohunt.com, you’ll come up with more than 25,000 entries for rmvb torrents, so I guess you don’t need a dedicated site for rmvb torrents.

edit: adding DVDRip to search string reduced the count to less than 1000 though and some of them were chinese too :P

Recently the site, youtorrent.com has gotten alot of hype by tech/media bloggers.

Its actually quite nice, indexes all the most popular free torrent sites and arranges youtr search results by number of seeds! Do check it out

If you are an e-learner try bitspyder.net & learnbits.org… Both have really good & rear stuff.
[/quote]

bitspyder.net --> signup is not available

learnbits.org --> The current user account limit (4,500) has been reached.

What is ratio in most torrent sites?

Thank You very much but i also have to maintain ratio what does that mean?
[/quote]

no problem

maintaining a ratio means u have to upload almost as much as u download

example u download a movie of 700 mb then to get a ratio of 1.0 u also need to upload 700 mb of the same movie

no problem

maintaining a ratio means u have to upload almost as much as u download

example u download a movie of 700 mb then to get a ratio of 1.0 u also need to upload 700 mb of the same movie

[/quote]

I don’t think an iptorrents user sitting in pakistan with an average upload speed of 128k could ever be able to maintain that ratio…

So whats the option left then?

a tiny software known as Ratiomaster!

download it from here and stop worrying about ratios

http://www.moofdev.org/ratiomaster

By the way usage of common sense while faking uploads always saves you from getting banned :)

Keep the software up-to-date. Sometimes bugs are found that may get you banned on sites. RatioMaster includes an automatic version checker and will notify you when a new version is released. Update!

Never spoof uploads on a tracker with few peers. If there are only 2 leechers and they’re downloading at a maximum of 30 kB/s, and you’re spoofing an upload of 250 kB/s, it will look suspicious.

Last, but not least, only spoof when you NEED to. By cheating on a torrent, you’re disrupting the swarm and going against the spirit of p2p. Unless you really need to increase your ratio and there’s no better way

i have been using mininova till now, have found everything i have needed. is iptorrent better then it?
[/quote]

u will find equal stuff on both but the good thing about ip torrents is that everybody has to maintain a certain sharing ratio so because of this u get good speeds on almost all torrents

Dudes need help Configuring Wateen's given abomanation CPE i600 so that i could enable DHT nodes on uTorrent. :o HELP ME HELP ME. oh and dudes ptcl went unlimited for 512K :(. why us why us Wateen give us unlimited now .... :/.

HELP ME GET THE DHT NODES CONFIGURED PLZ

Dudes need help Configuring Wateen’s given abomanation CPE i600 so that i could enable DHT nodes on uTorrent. :o HELP ME HELP ME. oh and dudes ptcl went unlimited for 512K :(. why us why us Wateen give us unlimited now … :/.

HELP ME GET THE DHT NODES CONFIGURED PLZ

[/quote]

which torrent client ur usin if u use one that supports upnp than u dont have to forward ports manually u only have to enable upnp in the configuration page of the cpe

hey guys. i need some help. up till now i have been using mininova/isohunt to find torrents. and i have been getting bad speeds on some torrents. I was thinking if i join iptorrent or any other good site I will be able to download better? I have no idea of any other good torrent site. I just read all the posts in this thread. If anyone has invitation to any good torrent site then please send the invitation to. I will be most grateful! :)
[/quote]

u can join moviex.info

it is free for anyone to signup ie no invitations required

I have a problem with iptorrents. Previously i used iptorrents for some days, only once i used ratio master. Then they blocked my ip, i had to change IP address from the service provider. I joined the iptorrents from another email / id. Now after joining again i.e yesterday my ip is banned again, this time i didn't use ratio master. What could be the reason of this. Can anyone tell please. thx

Its my second day on torrents and i am already loving it :)

now is there any torrent site with desi stuff i mean Pakistani and indian stuff rather than hollywood ?

whats this i just made an account on iptorrents.com and i see this

Welcome back, executionist [logout] Ratio: Inf. Uploaded:1.91 GB Downloaded:0.00 kB

when did i upload that 1.91 GB?

Consider it a gift from the website.. Not many private trackers are kind enough to give you a warm welcome :)