The reason for the recent problem(no browsing) is shero modem!

i happened to have 2 modems 1-shiro and the other zxdsl 831d and believe it or not but the zxdsl one is running as smoothly as anything on my line, however shiro is giving me all kinds of headache both with auto connection and bridge connection (however with bridge things are relatively calmer)

anyways i was just wondering as to why not all of us who are having this problem confirm it here by telling each other what brand of modem we have and save ourselves from the extra-ordinary worry that we find ourselves in i.e most of us by now would be thinking that "since its my problem only therefore nothing could be done unless i get a new modem from the ptcl guys" and btw i know how hostile that feeling can be especially when you are hooked-up with "who gives a damn to individual problems" kind of semi-governmental company like pee-t-cl ;)

ok so i have a problem and have a shi(t)ro modem!

Well i have been a ptcl user for more then over a year, never had any issues with speed or connectivity but recently though, about 8 days ago the shiro router that i had been using has been giving me excessive problems. For example the DSL light would be stable but the internet light would stay red for more then 20-30minutes+. However after numerous restarts of the router it would start working again. Lately though that issue has gone away however my internet keeps disconnecting for some odd reason. For example i mean all lights would be green and stable but i won't be able to ping or browse or basically use the internet

During this time i also can't open the router's homepage using the explorer window without restarting the router. So my basic question is since i cannot get in touch with the PTCL personal, does this indicate that my router is busted or is this some issue from the PTCL office? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and i'm a rawalpindi resident.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Lately though that issue has gone away however my internet keeps disconnecting for some odd reason. For example i mean all lights would be green and stable but i won’t be able to ping or browse or basically use the internet

During this time i also can’t open the router’s homepage using the explorer window without restarting the router. So my basic question is since i cannot get in touch with the PTCL personal, does this indicate that my router is busted or is this some issue from the PTCL office? any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

Faz, have you looked at DJ’s solution to recent PTCL browsing problem ala

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=88796#p88796

If your problem stems from recent PTCL problem, then the solution by DJ should work, otherwise its a different problem.