The new XPERIA lineup, three wonder phones by Sony Ericsson

Sony Ericsson came back out this year with a bang. Introducing the new flagship XPERIA handset called Xperia Arc turned out to be a favorite in terms of looks at least. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc is a promising smartphone – it looks sleek with it's metallic sports car styled body, feels smooth and packs a very decent 8MP HD camera. And chances are that it will improve even further before it hits the shelves.

Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Arc.jpg

While the Arc is an update to the disappointing Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson cannot abandon the Vivaz legacy behind. The next introduction was to another sleek and stylish handset called XPERIA Neo. The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo has the appearance of a Vivaz and an Android heart. Is this what the original Vivaz should have been?

Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Neo-420x374.jpg

The Neo will make a lot of sense as the more affordable phone, while the Arc as the flagship. Up next is something I have been very exited about ever since it's news breezed along my ears.

Sony Ericsson is hitting with another new segment of phones which have not been introduced by any other manufacturer before. With partnership of their very own Sony Playstation brand they have developed a gaming phone.

xperia_play_1.jpg

This particular phone may not have been the most well kept secret in the history of Mobile Phones as we started to see prototypes popping up around the internet a year before it's launch. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play features a 4" FWVGA screen, but strangely is the only one of the newly announced devices not to pack a Reality display.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play might not be powered by some of the latest chipsets with dual-core processors, but it seems Sony Ericsson is on the way of creating a similar ecosystem like Apple's. It will be less restricted of course, but it should help the Play get a market niche of its own. And with the Sony's varied gaming partners this won't be so hard to accomplish.

All these phones are marvels of their own. I am still not sure which device is the best one to buy amongst them. Other than Apple, Sony Ericsson is the only manufacturer that keeps the looks and hardware together, giving us perfectly packaged devices everyone likes.

Sony Ericsson has not been so active about sales here in Pakistan in the last couple of years. We are hoping that the XPERIA Arc, Neo and Play do arrive soon here as well so we can cherish upon their wonderfulness.

So here is the question that still remains unanswered, which one amongst these do you deserve?

All of 'em :) But i can't buy them :P May be someone can gift me these

3rd mixture of PSP and Phone

Although i love all three phones. I hate how SE has been promoting them. The Ads for Xperia Play were a total disaster. Have a look at this one:

Whatever the case, this "dance" I watched yesterday made up for Xperia's shortcomings :P

Yep the dance video is awesome indeed. However I kinda like the grossness involved in the ad Campaign. It's kind of a new way to grab one's attention. Appreciation from my side to SE.

And rnathbatra the ad you shared is quite an old one, check out its sequel and you will find more strangeness in that one. Can be viewed here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5VJz4q66I

^ That dance video is cool indeed.

@ Zazzyo

I have seen this one as well. Equally disturbing. :)

@Zazzyo, I have to say that ad was a bit disturbing lol While it might not be on the list of my top ads (I'm a huge fan of creative ads), you're right about them using the shock-value to promote the product. But they're treading on dangerous ground since the ad would spread a lot, it won't necessarily want to make anyone buy the Xperia. At least it didn't tempt me in any way.

I'm not a fan, not even a user of portable gaming consoles either. Play is not targeted towards most of the users, It's still unknown whether there is a market for a handset like XPERIA Play, like I said in the opening post its a first handset of its type. No other manufacturer has experimented like that before.

WOnder why they died... they were doing fairly well, and I really loved their K/C series phones

^ Well they are back with a bang. I believe no phone is as innovative in design and built than the new XPERIA lineup.

The only con i can think of is the reputation of SE to update their handset's Android version, like they updated the X10 as slowly as a snail.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Well they are back with a bang. I believe no phone is as innovative in design and built than the new XPERIA lineup.

The only con i can think of is the reputation of SE to update their handset’s Android version, like they updated the X10 as slowly as a snail.

[/quote]

Yeah. And one of the reasons is that they modify the OS so much. But they have not done it new Xperia series. Hopefully, they’ll be able to update it more easily.