The New Urdu DAWN NEWS

Does anyone like the brand 'New' Urdu Dawn News ? Now only Express24/7 is a 24x7 Live English language news channel in Pakistan. Share your opinion.....Do you like the Urdu Dawn News or loved the English one??

I have read a blog claiming that the reason behind switching it to a complete Urdu language news channel are the low tv ratings. Now Dawn News has step into a place where already a number of channels are competing like Express News, Geo News, Aaj News and etc. Can Dawn News will be now able to attract the loyal viewers of Express & Geo??

I knew that they won't able to find audience but i didn't know that they would make a stupid mistake like this. They must have opened a seperate channel for urdu news, imean its dosen;t make sense that for such a long time they broadcasted in english and went on to become first english news channel in the country and now this is seriously rubbish. They have lost their status now and might be hated by those who were atleast watching them. I liked the previous and in my opinion they should open the english one seperately. There are already sooooooo many urdu news channels in our country and atleast they shouldn't have gone on this road with their newspaper i think is still the best english paper in the country I am not in favour of it regardless of their success from urdu version channel.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i think is still the best english paper in the country
[/quote]

Nah dude. It isn’t anymore as their top columnist were approached by newly launched Express Tribune, and Ayesha siddiqa is now writing for Tribune, as it looks fresh and well polished News Paper.

Dawn Paper’s circulation also went down after Tribune’s launch.

I think its english version was much better and most required. I am disappointed by this switch.

Negative Aspect : Yes the English version was better I think and now the first ever PK engilsh news channel going urdu is bit disappointing , but what they can do , in the end its business too , if they can not generate enough revenue from English Channel to run itself, it would not be possible keep it running, as I can not understand other possible reason. Thought they going to launch additional urdu channel , which would have been better.

Positive Aspect : Their Urdu version is also sensible and they don't do sensational stuff like some other crappy urdu channels. They do cover all kind of social issues instead of getting into the filthy race some of the urdu channels are in. Lets see how long this lasts.

I am also very disappointed by this switch. English version was much better. The new Urdu version sounds odd especially after watching the English one for so long.

At least people can finally get a neutral perspective on things with no masala

I personally think that Dawn News is a way behind in the race of Urdu language news channels. But yet I rate it to no.4 :D

Unlike Dawn English you can actually understand what the news anchors are saying on Express English :) Dawn English news anchors were widely mocked in Pakistan for having foreign accents that were difficult to understand.

Another problem with Dawn English was that they didn't bother to translate or subtitle any interviews they conducted in Urdu or Punjabi. What's the point of having an English language channel if its not going to be entirely in English? Express English does subtitle Urdu interviews.

Dawn English didn't interview people who could speak English fluently in their talk shows. Instead they picked people based on expertise but often in Pakistan the best experts can't communicate well in English. Express always invites those people who can communicate in English even though they may not be the best in their field.

Why too Much news channels ,? do Pakistani People like to watch always news channels?

^Yes, for sure they do. Majority of pakistanis tune to news channels all day.

Interesting Fact: Now children and mostly youngsters love to watch news channels rather than cartoons and all that stuff. :D

Its very entertaining. A bomb blast every other day, strikes, burning tires and drama queen politicians make it all very interesting.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^Yes, for sure they do. Majority of pakistanis tune to news channels all day.

Interesting Fact: Now children and mostly youngsters love to watch news channels rather than cartoons and all that stuff. :D

[/quote]

LOL