The Most Under Rated Thing in Technology

Post what u think is the most under rated thing in technology

i think its heat sinks

coz ppl dont bother to get a better heat sink

and they just stick with the one that comes with their processor

Low quality SATA/IDE cables. People use them even if they are of a low quality without going out and buying a new Rs.30-100 cable.

Also, generic low wattage power supplies which come with casing...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Low quality SATA/IDE cables. People use them even if they are of a low quality without going out and buying a new Rs.30-100 cable.

Also, generic low wattage power supplies which come with casing…

[/quote]

Ditto :)

hard drives are also under rated sort of

ppl dont bother to look at their specs all they care abt is the capacity

not the speed or anythin

hard drives are also under rated sort of

ppl dont bother to look at their specs all they care abt is the capacity

not the speed or anythin

[/quote]

harddisk don’t have much to look for, these days the hard disk are coming with larger cache size but in the older days there were only 2 mb cache harddisks and no sata shata no rpm chakars

and when Seagate introduced barracuda people used to buy that

Very important things: (far as building a pc goes)

1. Power Supply

2. Casing fans (high quality more reliable and silent)

3. Casing itself

4. Cables - I've experienced a bad SATA and IDE cable, it's no fun tracing down the problem!

5. Quality RAM

If you're not overclocking, than stock heat sinks are just fine.

4. Cables - I’ve experienced a bad SATA and IDE cable, it’s no fun tracing down the problem!
[/quote]

i always check for it first

btw my casing fan’s wire has started acting up so to which ever power cable i connect it to, the device connected to that power cable doesn’t works properly so i kinda agree with on number 2

Post what u think is the most under rated thing in technology

i think its heat sinks

coz ppl dont bother to get a better heat sink

and they just stick with the one that comes with their processor

[/quote]

i say .power supplies …at least i have never purchased additional …

sata cables ? hmmmm, so if i decide a to buy a new hdd, should it be sata or ide ?

SATA, if you motherboard supports it.

the connectors of sata cable are too small and they easily come out even if you accidentally touch it

Keyboard shortcuts? ;)

Very important things: (far as building a pc goes)

1. Power Supply

2. Casing fans (high quality more reliable and silent)

3. Casing itself

4. Cables - I’ve experienced a bad SATA and IDE cable, it’s no fun tracing down the problem!

5. Quality RAM

If you’re not overclocking, than stock heat sinks are just fine.

[/quote]

I dont think so that spare or hardcore heat sinks are available in Pakistan.I am a hardcore Overclocker and I have found nothing useful in Pakistan . So I get my stuff from china =)

I dont think so that spare or hardcore heat sinks are available in Pakistan.I am a hardcore Overclocker and I have found nothing useful in Pakistan . So I get my stuff from china =)
[/quote]

believe it or not they do exist i have bought ones myself

Amount of RAM. People selling dual core systems with just 512mb or 1gb ram. Vista needs a minimum 1GB with 2GB a must for any new system.

And if the question was most overrated thing in computers then it would be the CPU. Too many PCs are sold on the basis of CPU speed alone.

I think most under rated is us and they do not get much opportunity or under estimating. We can utilize our self more productively by using information technology but most of us use this IT just for amusement..

Thermal insulation of homes seems to be on the least priority.

it can do wonders for us, especially for pakistanis who are living in a very hot climate. proper sealing of the roofs and walls can save a lot of energy. rewards can be augmented by strategically planning the construction, using thermal mass, and by utilizing shade of the trees around, if there are any left.