The impact of Drones in society

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150410-the-invisible-world-viewed-by-drones

Frightening video showing how drones will be used in the future and how each and every movement will be recorded and analysed by different organizations.

It like google Ads in the real world.

This also asks us how we could benefit from it and are companies in Pakistan benefiting from it.

What are your thoughts?

they programmed us in their drones as terrorists, we can not change that

I think we have programmed our drones the same way too :)

So ... solution: Drones are a product, not a service like google ... so eventually you can open-source them and avoid the spyware \ data-mining in consumer units (go for an android not an apple ^_^ ). Usage by 3rd parties would obviously be forbidden in private premises by law ... and public places are already served by cheaper surveillance which can and might as well already be doing the same thing.

Individual Privacy is already questioned with mobile phone camera You never know who is video taping especially when it comes to females .....

[quote=“hashmi1, post:4, topic:22059”]

So ... solution: Drones are a product, not a service like google ... so eventually you can open-source them and avoid the spyware \ data-mining in consumer units (go for an android not an apple ^_^ ). Usage by 3rd parties would obviously be forbidden in private premises by law ... and public places are already served by cheaper surveillance which can and might as well already be doing the same thing.

[/quote]

and you think because android is opensource it is not used by google to spy on you.......news flash.......... google is more evil than apple.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:6, topic:22059”]

and you think because android is opensource it is not used by google to spy on you.......news flash.......... google is more evil than apple.

[/quote]

Thats not the point, I said that it could be controlled if the software is opensource. Maybe windows vs linux would be a better example: Linux distros collect usage data, but its transparent and it can be reliably disabled (rebuilt from source for the paranoid).

If I have an android, I can, as a maximum precaution, flash a rom built from the souce-code by an open community and diligently choose which apps to run to keep my privacy secure. Can I do that with ios? No, I don't and can't know what the heck the device is doing in the background. So yes, google is more evil than apple, but it gives me a way ... though apples are pretty cool regardless :P