The Grand Wiredpakistan Meetup 2008-2009 (Karachi)

I have just the idea. Now, we need to discuss it. :-)

i have had same ideas for other communities, but they usually fail

how bout an islamabad meet up huh

whos up for it?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have just the idea. Now, we need to discuss it. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

there was this channel on IRC in 2003 and someone organized a meetup in pyala hotel, many regulaer members were invited for tea. It was kind of awkward. No one knew anyone, there was nothing to say.

i think its a good idea,,like minds meeting each other for the first time...

Well don't meet up just for tea. Organize some kind of event so people have more to do than just stare at each other in silence! Or maybe form a group to visit some sort of tech exhibition etc.

Well don’t meet up for just tea. Organize some kind of event so people have more to do than just stare at each other in silence! Or maybe form a group to visit some sort of tech exhibition etc.
[/quote]

I once thought that there should be annual tech conferences in Pakistan like in UK/USA/Canada. Lets think on that?

I once thought that there should be annual tech conferences in Pakistan like in UK/USA/Canada. Lets think on that?
[/quote]

We have a lot of people on this forum. If you guys are dedicated enough, I’m sure people here could pull together enough resources to even arrange their own tech conference! You could even team up with a bigger forum like wccftech.

how bout an islamabad meet up huh

whos up for it?

[/quote]

i am up for it … but i guess we dun have a lot of members here from isb

now here comes the value of my thread named as

"post your pics thread"

now if u ppl hav posted ur pics then we can easily recognise each other and hav a more cool meet up

but with out facial recognition in mind

useless idea!!

Rawalpindi.

i am up for it … but i guess we dun have a lot of members here from isb

[/quote]

Rawalpindi isn’t far :) . But I believe we should have a better reason - as sah suggested - than to just socialize on unknown terms. Start brainstorming.

I admit, I’m not a very social person so I’ll be pretty inarticulate in such a situation :lol:. The conversations may be limited to just “what do you do? which college? which firm? which isp? linux or windows? mobilink, ufone, warid, telenor, zong?.”

On the other hand, if we do have few specific topics to talk about, we may have some intelligent discussions with free expression (more so than at the forum).

The Future of Web Design & Technology in Pakistan.

Something similar to http://www.futureofwebdesign.com. :)

10 speakers with 5 speakers per day. A hour of session for each speaker based on their speciality.

Apart from just the idea, we will need sponsors, a team, professional speakers and a land.

Land can be auditoriums of a school or hotel. (Please, no regent plaza :/)

Keep in mind auditoriums are expensive (we're talking lakhs of rupees depending on the venue), so the event should be 'worth' all that expense and effort! :)

I admit, I’m not a very social person so I’ll be pretty inarticulate in such a situation
[/quote]

same here!

we may have some intelligent discussions with free expression (more so than at the forum).
[/quote]

free expression? imagine the negative side of it :D

what would be the topic for that conference?

what would be the topic for that conference?
[/quote]

Web Standards

Usuability & Accessibility

The Future of Web Design

The Future of Technology

Currently, the major issue is how do we get started ?

Web Standards

Usuability & Accessibility

The Future of Web Design

The Future of Technology

Currently, the major issue is how do we get started ?

[/quote]

I failed to find where the Pakistani web developers are last time I researched. There are quite a few bloggers that I did find though. But most of the users in this forum will perhaps not be interested in those topics pertaining to Web Designing in particular.

I failed to find where the Pakistani web developers are last time I researched. There are quite a few bloggers that I did find though. But most of the users in this forum will perhaps not be interested in those topics pertaining to Web Designing in particular.

[/quote]

That are just 4 topics. I am aware of the issues that users will be MORE interested in technology related topics. Of course, the topics I wrote aren’t FINAL. It’s just a brainstorming process.

It’ll be excellent if everyone shared their thoughts and ideas since this won’t be a success with one person.

great idea! i've already prepared my lunch box. which park is it?