The dark knight

check out the imdb rating of this one... ppl are saying that it is not just the best movie or the year or the best ever superhero movie... but that it is one of the best movie ever made... a masterpiece

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Any chance of Batman: The Dark Knight getting screened in Karachi ?? No idea how long "" Khulay Aasman Ke neeche" will be running occupying all the major screens....they better make way to screen this master piece...Capri will be a good choice with its full throttle sound system....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

check out the imdb rating of this one… ppl are saying that it is not just the best movie or the year or the best ever superhero movie… but that it is one of the best movie ever made… a masterpiece

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

[/quote]

9.7 wow! that is something.

9.7 wow! that is something.

[/quote]

4571 votes is that enough?

By the time i'm writing this, the movie hasn't been screened yet. The ratings would gradually go down as more people would vote, just like what happened with WALL-E, that movie went straight upto #2 spot the day it got released (Media hype, eh?). But still, for a superhero movie these ratings are really impressive and might it give Iron Man a hard time. I've always been a huge Christian Bale but but i don't know how I missed The Batman Begins earlier. Anyway, that movie is on my u-torrent list, would comment more after watching it.

PS: Btw, check out my post count! :lol:

By the time i’m writing this, the movie hasn’t been screened yet. The ratings would gradually go down as more people would vote, just like what happened with WALL-E, that movie went straight upto #2 spot the day it got released (Media hype, eh?). But still, for a superhero movie these ratings are really impressive and might it give Iron Man a hard time. I’ve always been a huge Christian Bale but but i don’t know how I missed The Batman Begins earlier. Anyway, that movie is on my u-torrent list, would comment more after watching it.

PS: Btw, check out my post count! :lol:

[/quote]

lol number of the beast so are u one?

well when i posted the link it was #4... now the movie is #3... just read the reviews of ppl watching it... everyone is saying that it has one of the greatest hypes ever created and it surpasses the hype by a mile... it should break all records other than the stupid titanic one

oh 40mbps.. i am just shocked after hearing that you are a bale fan and have not watched batman begins... strange

the movie just made opening day history, it grossed $66.4 million on friday, beating the piece of crap spiderman3's record of $59 million

for the 1st time in history of imdb.com a movie surpassed the God Father and steal its position of no:1. its quite incredible.

top 5 movies at imdb.com

1. 9.5 The Dark Knight (2008) 23,611

2. 9.1 The Godfather (1972) 288,072

3. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 339,555

4. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 165,174

5. 8.9 Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966)

yes it is at top now.. and that too with 23 thousand votes... which is a lot... a couple of thousand may send you right up for a small time but this movie is gonna stay up there for sometime i guess...althogh shawshank should be above godfather

yes it is at top now… and that too with 23 thousand votes… which is a lot… a couple of thousand may send you right up for a small time but this movie is gonna stay up there for sometime i guess…althogh shawshank should be above godfather
[/quote]

does this happens? people vote without actually watching the movie?

I saw the Dark Knight yesterday on IMAX...it was awesome!

I saw the Dark Knight yesterday on IMAX…it was awesome!
[/quote]

Must have been one of a kind experience man. I so much want to see any movie on Imax. But I was wondering one thing, I recently saw Incredible Hulk in a cinema, it was my first experience in Cinema though, I had difficulty “following” subjects and characters. I mean its my habit that I usually look at all the stuff going on in a movie, not just one point, but it was difficult doing that in cinema because of the big screen. I don’t know maybe it was the angle or elevation. But what would you comment about it regarding Imax?

And one more thing, if you rate Iron Man = 10, what would you rate The Dark Knight?

dark knight is now the #1 movie on imdb http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0468569

thats bad

thats bad
[/quote]

How can you say that before even watching the movie?

i am not a batman fan. so i have the right the hate that film without even watching. now dont start a flame war on me. godfather is #1 in my list alongwith 3 other films....

everyone is so obsessed with dark knight but havent even seen batman begins makes no sense!

yaar these are all fanboy votes! most of the people voted without watching it

oh 40mbps… i am just shocked after hearing that you are a bale fan and have not watched batman begins… strange
[/quote]

I’ve never been a fan of comic-super-hero genre. Bale has done alot more than Batman Begins… His work in Rescue Dawn, 3:10 to yuma, the Prestige etc was bloody brilliant. I haven’t watched Batman so I wouldn’t comment anything on it yet.